AlphaOBD and Country Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phaeton16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just received my AlphaOBD and changed the global windows and was looking at the system status and noticed country Code is set to Canada, what would happen if I change this. Also I noticed when I upload to google drive only things that I changed shows up not what my truck is set at but if I click on the battery in the app it shows everything that is set.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I would strongly advise against changing the country code. You can cause major issues doing that. Given your location I'd suspect that your truck was originally built for the Canadian market.

-K

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
*I'm not suggesting to do so.

But......I wonder the same. To start, Canadian vehicles must have DRL so I'd suspect that's one thing that is different than the US market trucks.
I wonder if you change it to a country that does not have the high safety standards/restrictions like the US,
Would the backup/cargo camera stay on when activated?
Would you be able to use the mapping while in motion?
How about the on screen text messaging?
That kind of stuff.

OP
OP
Phaeton16

Phaeton16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's a strange one, I upgraded my headlights to Underground Lighting's LED and low beams work fine but high beams flash 4 times when backing up and wont turn on but if I leave high beams on when backing out everything works fine. Danny at Underground is stumped.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Here's a strange one, I upgraded my headlights to Underground Lighting's LED and low beams work fine but high beams flash 4 times when backing up and wont turn on but if I leave high beams on when backing out everything works fine. Danny at Underground is stumped.

Did you change the BCM settings to LED bulbs?