AlphaRex looking for customers with errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
My lights have been installed for a week now and have been error free. I installed HID bulbs so I had to make that change with AlfaOBD. 1c706cdcd0808370ec2ab9ce0d938b06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any pictures of the light output with the hids ? And which hids did you get?

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

danmit37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I get the Parking Light Out error and can't clear it with AlfaOBD. Its something with the voltage because I only get it when the headlights are on and I use a turn signal or high beams. It will come on, then clear, then on, then clear. Super annoying. AlpahRex was no help. When AlfaOBD LED settings didn't fix it, they told me to try disconnecting the built in resistors on the lights, but then I got hyperflash. I finally figured out that if I have my fog lights on, the code comes up instantly and does not clear until I shut the truck off. My father has a 2014 with projector headlights, LED turns and markers. I am going to get into his BCM with Alfa and see what his settings are and see where his truck is different.

danmit37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know if AR was able to get their hands on a truck with the error code? I'm really curious to see if they can figure this out. Believe it or not, my error code has gotten worse. I wouldn't think it would matter, but since weather has cooled and my heated seats and steering wheel are coming on, the error code is more random than it was.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Which of their models are they talking about? I'm expecting a set of Nova projectors in a few weeks, but they have built in LEDs for low and high. I'm wondering if the issues and codes are only related to the models that take third party LED or HID?

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the LUXX and they couldn't fix it for me either, I would have never bought them had I known all the hoops ahead of time or at least told me up front just put the resistors in.

The last time I spoke with them they wanted me to start removing other led items like my Alpharex tail lights to see if that fixed the headlights which we all know is not the solution.

I doubt just copying the projector light settings is going to work.

What did fix it for me is the aftermarket resistors and I have LED everything, fogs, tails, chmsl, etc...

I did leave all my settings with alfaOBD set to led and the door ajar disabled as that last one made all kinds of new errors when I started changing it.

For now all is good and I'm not changing anything!

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Thanks for the info.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I get the Parking Light Out error and can't clear it with AlfaOBD. Its something with the voltage because I only get it when the headlights are on and I use a turn signal or high beams. It will come on, then clear, then on, then clear. Super annoying. AlpahRex was no help. When AlfaOBD LED settings didn't fix it, they told me to try disconnecting the built in resistors on the lights, but then I got hyperflash. I finally figured out that if I have my fog lights on, the code comes up instantly and does not clear until I shut the truck off. My father has a 2014 with projector headlights, LED turns and markers. I am going to get into his BCM with Alfa and see what his settings are and see where his truck is different.

The truck with projector headlights will have different settings in the BCM. My 15 with projectors runs HID lows, LED highs, and LED Fogs without any extra resistors, or relays.

I just set the settings in ALFA and forgot about it. I'm not 100 percent sure why everyone has so many problems but I haven't played with anyone else's truck

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would imagine Alpharex would tell customers to use your settings if they worked, although I had quads so maybe had I been coming from projectors they recommend those settings.

They only told me to make two changes in aflaobd and neither had to do low or high beam. They were adamant that those changes were the only necessary changes needed.

There's always a chance it would have fixed itself on it's own as for the first week or two I had the lights installed I didn't have any errors and than they started.

First was just the parking light out than it became hyperflashing a few weeks later so the truck was defiantly going in the wrong direction and stuff like this drives me crazy. I'm not going to settle for something that sorta works.

Putting the resistors in was not a big deal at all and easy to zip tie in a safe spot no matter how hot they get.

Knowing what I know now I would have saved myself a lot of grief and hours on all sorts of forums, including reading at least half the alfaOBD thread here and just installed them with resistors.

The truck with projector headlights will have different settings in the BCM. My 15 with projectors runs HID lows, LED highs, and LED Fogs without any extra resistors, or relays.

I just set the settings in ALFA and forgot about it. I'm not 100 percent sure why everyone has so many problems but I haven't played with anyone else's truck

-5304821658079614808.jpg

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Does anyone know if AR was able to get their hands on a truck with the error code? I'm really curious to see if they can figure this out. Believe it or not, my error code has gotten worse. I wouldn't think it would matter, but since weather has cooled and my heated seats and steering wheel are coming on, the error code is more random than it was.

No they have not gotten their hands on a truck with error codes ... I was going to drive down to their office when I bought my pro series but they screwed me with their processing time ... they promised to have them ready for me to pick up and them have a look at the truck and they didn't come through ... I ended sending them back ...

I was again going to buy them for Black Friday but they didn't have what I considered black friday deals and they couldn't guarantee once again that my headlights would be ready for me to pick up from their office on a Monday or Tuesday ...

If they really wanted this issue fixed they would make a public offer and invite any trucks that have the errors to their office on Instagram but they still have not ... for the price of the Luxx and Nova series there should be no errors from the box at all ...

They are supposed to have some kind of xmas sale and if it is better than the black friday I might pull the trigger and do what I suggested @Snowblind do with the plug and play resistors ...

danmit37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been off for a while, but wanted to get back on and let everyone know that I finally was able to clear the codes. I was at SEMA 2021 and spoke to a bunch of techs. One of them was the guy that I spoke to at SEMA 2019 and the reason I went with AR. He gave me his card, asked that I contact him after the show and we would figure it out. He totally ghosted me...no response to2 emails and 3 texts. I finally just got on FB Messenger with AR and a tech was on there that listened to me rant, then he said that they send out resistors for my errors. He had my original order in front of him and a week later I had resistors in my hands, at no charge. Simple install and no more error codes. I didn't have to change anything with AlfaOBD, the resistors did it. With no errors, I replaced the AR bulbs with Hikari Eye of Megatron LEDs (fog lights, too). Good lights, but I would recommend spending more money than I did and getting a brighter bulb. These are good bulbs, but I am the guy that wants to be able to see a flea on a raccoon's ass at 200 yards in the pitch black. :D Hope this info can help someone.

VanCitySteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the LUXX and they couldn't fix it for me either, I would have never bought them had I known all the hoops ahead of time or at least told me up front just put the resistors in.

The last time I spoke with them they wanted me to start removing other led items like my Alpharex tail lights to see if that fixed the headlights which we all know is not the solution.

I doubt just copying the projector light settings is going to work.

What did fix it for me is the aftermarket resistors and I have LED everything, fogs, tails, chmsl, etc...

I did leave all my settings with alfaOBD set to led and the door ajar disabled as that last one made all kinds of new errors when I started changing it.

For now all is good and I'm not changing anything!
What resistors worked? I have the luxx series too with the bulb out warning

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
What resistors worked? I have the luxx series too with the bulb out warning
I want to get the NOVAs but I still have not gotten a solution for the bulb out warning for my truck ...

I had the Pros but sent them back because I had the bulb out warning with those ... AlphaRex wouldn't do anything to even try and help out ...