Alpharex/modifystreet oem style projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I saw a few positive reviews for these lights on some of the Facebook groups. Seeing as how I really prefer the look of the oem projectors, I took a shot and ordered some off ebay. 279+tax shipped. I ordered up so new hid bulbs, a set of h1 led bulbs, and a set of 100w halogen bulbs since I wasn't sure how the h1 high beam bulb would work for grounding. Lights came in, and they looked amazing. Installed the hid bulb, found that it is clocked differently than the g2 pro housings I had, and verified that the bulb does indeed focus and project better in the off-canter orientation (h7 low beams). The led high beam had 2 wires, positive and ground. Positive terminal plugged into the socket, but there was nowhere for the negative since it usually grounds to the bulb housing. Saw a spade terminal on the reflector, so figured I'd pop the 100w halogen bulbs I had in instead while I make a set of adapter pig tails at work that night. First impressions, low beams looked really good. Alignment and cutoff was pretty spot on. Flicked on the highs, extremely unimpressed, especially for 100w bulbs. Fast forward to the next day, installed the led bulbs with the pigtails. Well, the reflector isn't connected to ground. So had to come up with plan b for a temporary solution. You can slide the negative terminal in next to the positive (without touching) and the lights function perfectly. Plan is to get a crimp on wire tap and use those for the negative terminal. Now, output, I'm extremely impressed. Low beam looked good, and the high beam was damn near perfect. Centered, slightly higher and was more focused to project light out further to give you distance. The led h1 high beam was a huge improvement over the halogen bulb in terms of output and even pattern. This is now the roughly the 6th or 7th lighting setup I've had on my truck and I couldn't be happier. Low beams are using the hylux 45w ballast from my retrofit setup with an hyb 6000k h7 bulb.
I honestly, can not recommend these lights enough, especially if you like the way the oem projectors look, but don't want to spend the money. Now, for the pics.
First output shot is low beams/fogs, second output shot is lows, highs and fogs.
20210505_223324.jpg 20210505_223321.jpg 20210507_080540.jpg 20210503_103037.jpg

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was going to ask if the cutoff shield lowered with the high beams like the OEM lights do (bi-halogen projectors), but I can still see the cutoff in the photo so I'm assuming not.

I'm running 6000k Morimoto H7 bulbs and Hylux 45w ballasts in my 2019+ G1 style Alpharex headlights right now, and they look a lot lower color temp than yours. I'll try and get a good pic on my way in to work in the morning or against my garage tonight.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was going to ask if the cutoff shield lowered with the high beams like the OEM lights do (bi-halogen projectors), but I can still see the cutoff in the photo so I'm assuming not.

I'm running 6000k Morimoto H7 bulbs and Hylux 45w ballasts in my 2019+ G1 style Alpharex headlights right now, and they look a lot lower color temp than yours. I'll try and get a good pic on my way in to work in the morning or against my garage tonight.
I was hoping the cutoff shield would drop, but wasn't going to hold my breath on it. I had the alpharex 5th gen style g2's and wasn't all that impressed with them. The low beams are probably pretty similar, but the high beams on my current oem style projectors is far superior to the projector high beam of the 5th gen style, at least in my opinion. The high beams in these lights at least have some distance to them.

09SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at ordering the same headlamp. Any moisture or fogging issues a couple of years in now?

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Most of the issues I read about these and the cheaper aftermarket is the led turn signals/running lights going out in short time. Given it’s a H7 projector the output looks decent. I don’t see much at the top to the right of the hot spot (cutoff line). If you’re happy with them that’s all that matters. Still love my OE sports retrofitted with FXR 3.0 and 50w morimoto elite ballasts and 5000k XB bulbs.

Hopefully the black paint on the shroud doesn’t bubble off from the projector heat. TYC used to be black but they had issues so they leave the inside of the shroud chrome and I think retroshop does the same thing.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking at ordering the same headlamp. Any moisture or fogging issues a couple of years in now?
I ended up getting rid of these and going to a similar housing but different brand. For an OEM projector style light, these are much better, and have a cutoff shield that drops when you kick on the highs.
That said I'm now running a set of alpharex 5th gen hd style full led housings.