Alpine stereo upgrade???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdubs20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm looking at purchasing a new 19 big horn and was wondering if the alpine stereo upgrade for I think around $500 is worth it? How much better is it then the factory regular stereo? Thanks for your input.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I have the 9 spkr Alpine system on my laramie..sounds pretty good to me but a little boomy even with the bass set flat. everybody likes something different so you be the judge. listen to a cpl. at the dealer then decide.

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
Considering the same. Does anyone have the stock 6 speaker system? What are your thoughts on it?

Rob_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The HK system I have is absolute trash but then again my last car audio system retailed around 15k and the one I have waiting for this car is going to be about the same. I wouldn’t pay $500 for the alpine upgrade. Spend a little more and go on a forum and pic up used equipment that is 100 times better.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
The stock system is okay if you are just looking for sound and marginal if you appreciate the sound.

If I could have found one that I wanted with the upgraded Alpine I would have done it in a heartbeat.

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the Alpine in my '16 Rebel and absolutely LOVE it. Now I play much more Megadeth, Ted Nugent and AC/DC, than I do David Crowder and Third Day, and the "boomy" review you saw a few posts back suits my musical tastes perfectly. I simultaneously owned this system, the Boston Acoustics stock system in my '13 Challenger and the premium system in my Honda Pilot, and the Alpine is far superior.

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
The stock system is fine but I wish I would have upgraded to the Alpine.
Now that I have my truck I’m glad I didn’t upgrade the stereo. The stock system sounds decent enough to me. Speakers get enough bass and fills the cab nicely. Stock speakers have come a long way......or I’m just old!! Lol

Sal269

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm looking at purchasing a new 19 big horn and was wondering if the alpine stereo upgrade for I think around $500 is worth it? How much better is it then the factory regular stereo? Thanks for your input.

Sal269

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the Alpine system in my 2019 Laramie crew cab 1500 and Love it, clean and mean, good- great bass , tweak the EQ to how you like it, I have mine at Bass 2-3 bars above center, mid at 2 bars from top and high at full. When using radio ok but with Blue tooth it rocks, turn volume on phone all the way up. And enjoy... But would like to know if anyone has or knows if I can add a second amp to the system? If so is it a plug & play.

Last edited:

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Do all 2019 Laramies have the Alpine system?

I have the Alpine system in my 2019 Laramie crew cab 1500 and Love it, clean and mean, good- great bass , tweak the EQ to how you like it, I have mine at Bass 2-3 bars above center, mid at 2 bars from top and high at full. When using radio ok but with Blue tooth it rocks, turn volume on phone all the way up. And enjoy... But would like to know if anyone has or knows if I can add a second amp to the system? If so is it a plug & play.

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
What does this Alpine upgrade consist of? Can it be pieced together after the fact?

oldmako

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi, non eTorque
I picked up my truck about a month ago. I have the Alpine.

While the sound is decent, it's overall too boomy for me. The bass is overdone. I typically have the bass set at 2-3 clicks below flat. On older recordings I might bump it up, but most of what is recorded these days is already overdone. I am a hi-fi nut at home and have been for 40 years. I own a lot of high-quality gear, not the crap Best Buy sells, so I sort of know what good audio is supposed to sound like.

It's decent, but I have heard better stock systems in cars. My dads Lincoln had the best stock system I have ever heard and that was almost 20 years ago. I wish my truck sounded as good as that Continentals.

And, it's not loud enough. I've messed with all the controls. A high output system should get louder than 38% at max volume. 38 percent of what???

Love the truck, but not too thrilled with the Alpine, or the AC. It's decent at 80-85 degrees, but on a HOT day, it barely keeps up.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love the truck, but not too thrilled with the Alpine, or the AC. It's decent at 80-85 degrees, but on a HOT day, it barely keeps up.

Be prepared to deal with that a lot more, cars either are going to or most likely already have switched over to the "new" ac, known as r1234yf. It's widely known already to be not nearly as good.

oldmako

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi, non eTorque
I have a 1990 Mercedes 560SEC with r12 refrigerant. That car is cold halfway down the street at 90F. I will never change it over to any other coolant.

Quite disappointed with my Rams AC.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1990 Mercedes 560SEC with r12 refrigerant. That car is cold halfway down the street at 90F. I will never change it over to any other coolant.

Quite disappointed with my Rams AC.

I agree the old stuff works much better, I'm 33 but remember my dads suburbans growing up and they were ice cold with little effort. Again though, since everyone is switching over to this new style, I'm sure new suburbans a/c sucks just like everyone else's (ram included).

Duane Pipes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Alpine + sub w/ 12 in screen. Not the bass I had in 1996 but there's things you shouldn't do/have when you turn 40 haha

Got the blank screen a few days ago. No idea what happened. Only happened the 1 time.

IMG_1018.JPG