Am I asking too much from the dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
so brought my truck to he dealer today to program my oem remote start, add sales codes leb and lec, fix rf fender rivet was not connected to inner splash shield. I bring donuts cause I worked in the business and know it's always a nice treat, tipped the guy who valet the truck at the service center $5 to take good care of my baby. They call me two hours later says it's all done, perfect. Head over during my lunch to pick the truck up and they only program the remote start. Now I'm pissed and have to leave it to fix the rivet and add the sales codes they admit they didn't do. Yet all of it said done on the bill. Whatever, I leave and they call later that it is now complete. I go after work to pick it up and it's finally done right. They don't offer to take $5 or any deal to make me feel better for coming back twice and wasting my time. Just basically here's your keys ****. This is the third time this dealer has screwed up a car of mine. Is it just me? Idk how they stay in business. And to add to it they double charge my credit card that I have to now straighten out. They lost a customer permanently now I'm going elsewhere. End rant lol

OP
OP
M

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
And this wasn't even the first time. They have screwed up 2 of my other mopar vehicles. Went in for a state inspection on my wife's mini van they changed the oil instead and didn't do the inspection, my grand Cherokee they left the seat belt buckle under the center console during airbag recall. Now this. I'm furious and can't wait for the email from mopar asking how my visit went

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
*You worked or work in the biz and let them treat things like that, after you brought snacks?

You're nicer than me. I'm about to light my former employer's competitor up since they're stalling on owning up to damage they caused in reassembly of a seat. I'm back in the aftermarket side of the industry again. I miss the dealership side of it all but there's good things too. Still disappointing that someone let things slip when they know my background and reputation and the tech didn't just man-tfu. What, like I wouldn't catch something? I've been a fleet inspector prior and into auction or sales prep, I've seen it all.

1. Call FCA, if you've been in the industry you know what level to take it to and how to take it there.

2. Never bring anything back to that dealer. 3 Strikes in any other situation means you're out.

IMHO and seriously here, just remember you can't fix stupid so at three times, run, don't walk away.

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Excuse my language admins.... **** THAT DEALER! That is complete bullsh*t. I would go to FCA Big Time, Yelp, Google Map Reviews, Facebook, Corporate, I would even contact the governor. I am a War Veteran so yeah I know how to make a hammer fall on someones balls. Screw them that is straight bullsh*t. I drive an hour away from 2 dealers because I wont deal with them and have had them discount my bill every time I was pissed by 10-20%.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree with you regarding the satisfaction survey you will receive regarding the work they did. History has generally shown that the dealers take these surveys pretty seriously because it has something to do with their reimbursement rate from the factory. If they have any business sense at all, after you complete the form, they should be calling you trying to set things straight---maybe. I do agree however, you should find a different dealership to do business with---3 screw-ups is plenty.
Jay

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Why did you ever go back after the first mixup... vote with your wallet

OP
OP
M

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah I'm done wth this dealer, they were the closest ones to me so I gave them three strikes. That Chrysler survey is important to them and when I rate them poorly I know they will suffer.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
they will suffer and call you
My dealer if you scores them anything under a 8 they call even if its only one thing.
This is the service manager that calls too
They know if I am unhappy I will score low, so they try yo bend over backwards to make me happy

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just finished the survey for my dealer that I received from a simple oil change. My first six oil changes are free so I bring it to them. The next day I received a $50 gift certificate good for anything is their dealership. No strings attached I don’t have to spend the time to use it. The service manager called me told me I would be getting the survey and that if I filled out he would supply a gift certificate. It had nothing to do with how I graded them. My dealership gave me a fair deal and has done everything they can to please me. I’m totally happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP did they charge you to program the remote start or add the sales codes?

If they did not i would say you already won as most dealer would have charged you shop labor rates for doing that usually 75+.

OP
OP
M

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
OP did they charge you to program the remote start or add the sales codes?

If they did not i would say you already won as most dealer would have charged you shop labor rates for doing that usually 75+.
Yeah they did that's why i was so mad. I paid $135 to have all 3 sales codes added

damnimcooltom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The local dealership here loves surveys, but they really hate less than raving reviews. Like, they get mad. They have never contacted me to see what they can do to make things right,they just hold a grudge. Seriously.

And everyone says go somewhere else. That's not always an option, unfortunately. So many dealerships have closed or merged, I already need to drive to another town. Any of the next closer ones require taking days off of work. No real competition allows them to suck even more than than the average bear, er dealer.

Duke1956

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
New to this forum as I have a new truck. I am in the same difficulty. I live in a small town with one dealership. They have worked on my truck and left it filthy. New longhorn leather seats covered with dirt and grease. Next dealer near me is 40 miles oneway. So no dropping it off unless I get a rental car.

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
New to this forum as I have a new truck. I am in the same difficulty. I live in a small town with one dealership. They have worked on my truck and left it filthy. New longhorn leather seats covered with dirt and grease. Next dealer near me is 40 miles oneway. So no dropping it off unless I get a rental car.

A real dealer will give you a loaner car if time is over 3 hours. If they are worth their salt at least. I drive 42 miles for my dealer.

Bouncer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
If they have a social media page go there and give a clean and well described review, I did the last time I was in the dealer for a warranty fix. and they ended up buying me a full tank of diesel for their lack of customer care.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I drive 35 minutes to a better dealer for an oil change...local Ram dealer wont touch my truck.

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Excuse my language admins.... **** THAT DEALER! That is complete bullsh*t. I would go to FCA Big Time, Yelp, Google Map Reviews, Facebook, Corporate, I would even contact the governor. I am a War Veteran so yeah I know how to make a hammer fall on someones balls. Screw them that is straight bullsh*t. I drive an hour away from 2 dealers because I wont deal with them and have had them discount my bill every time I was pissed by 10-20%.

I also drive 10 miles out of the way instead of using the dealership 1/2 a mile away.