Ambient temp sensor 2022 power wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samsonlabs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok just traded my 14 Express Black for a new 22 power wagon and still learning. It has power folding tow mirrors with the flip up option. There is a small sensor under the mirror but still on the facing edge off the arm, pointed diagonally away from the truck. I am told and have read it is an ambient temp sensor but it only has this on the drivers side mirror. So what it the one in the passenger side mirror for? Or do they come on both mirrors? Just curious because I cannot find anything more than temp sensor only on drivers side. And if it is another temp sensor, why are there two? Does dual climate control enter into it? I dont have surround view cameras, and it literally looks like an LED...clear lens with a yellow square behind.

OP
OP
Samsonlabs

Samsonlabs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nope not the puddle lights...they are on the mirror face just underneath it facing out but not underneath the arm. I can see the puddle lights on the bottom
0417230807_HDR.jpg0417230806_HDR.jpg

View attachment 519081

Last edited:

skydyver83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I don't have them on my 2018 but I'll bet they are the "blind spot" warning sensors. BTW take care of those mirrors, just had to replace my driver's side due to a "hit and run" while parked; they cost north of 1k to replace!

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
I don't have them on my 2018 but I'll bet they are the "blind spot" warning sensors. BTW take care of those mirrors, just had to replace my driver's side due to a "hit and run" while parked; they cost north of 1k to replace!
been there on my old slt. smashed the mirror off crossing a very narrow bridge and had to replace it with an aftermarket that was considerably cheaper than oem. now with my powerwagon i power fold the mirrors every time i park it.

OP
OP
Samsonlabs

Samsonlabs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow just got off the phone with dealer....talk about an exercise in futility hahahahah Literally couldnt tell me anything other than uh, well, not too sure.......:shocked:

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Looks like I can help you here: they are LED's.
In fact, they are additional backup lights, although the function is a bit awkward. Put the truck into reverse, the taillight-backup lights come on. Now push the button for the bed lights (one of the two on the rotary light switch). Now the LED's in the mirrors come on, too, in addition to the bed light.

I guess the reason they don't come on by default is that they are really bright and can be blinding when looking into the mirror. But ideal for backing up with the camera.

Page 54 in the manual, they are called "trailer spotter lights".

Tinman454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol it takes a while to figure those ones out. or you read the book cover to cover. They do work great at night for loading a boat on the trailer.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The OEM ambient temperature sensor in the driver's mirror looks like this:
s-l400.jpg
You only see just that small tip sticking out.

OP
OP
Samsonlabs

Samsonlabs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like I can help you here: they are LED's.
In fact, they are additional backup lights, although the function is a bit awkward. Put the truck into reverse, the taillight-backup lights come on. Now push the button for the bed lights (one of the two on the rotary light switch). Now the LED's in the mirrors come on, too, in addition to the bed light.

I guess the reason they don't come on by default is that they are really bright and can be blinding when looking into the mirror. But ideal for backing up with the camera.

Page 54 in the manual, they are called "trailer spotter lights".
Give that man a ceeeegar!!!

Attachments

• 0417232235.jpg
    0417232235.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 7

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
There you go.
In spite of their small size, it's amazing how much light they generate. I use them when backing into dark spots and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn