Amp power steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
These were taken just a few minutes ago, best I could do with an iPhone 5.

Here is the fuse box.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372558220.406413.jpg

The purple wires you see in my hand are the power step wires. You would color match them to the same color wires in the harness located at the bottom left of the fuse box.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372558357.022106.jpg

This is the posi taps in the harness. They are easy to install.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372558434.639028.jpg

Corbin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The pre 2013 trucks where you tap into the fuse box under the hood is easy, I miss doing them. Now everything I install boards on are 2013s. I must apologize as I did not have time today to snap pics of the easy spot to tap into on 2013, way too busy **** other work. Next week at work I will document an installation of the wiring and post it up for you guys.

OP
OP

12gram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really appreciate all the help guys. Now I just have to convince my self to pull the trigger kinda hard buying steps when the truck has perfectly good oem ones but having a lifted truck I would like gaining the look of a little more Clarence buy getting the amps

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really appreciate all the help guys. Now I just have to convince my self to pull the trigger kinda hard buying steps when the truck has perfectly good oem ones but having a lifted truck I would like gaining the look of a little more Clarence buy getting the amps

This is always a hard call and I don't envy your decision.

BTW: got pics of your lifted truck?
Trying to see the one in your sig but I can only blow it up so much before it goes blurry. Lol

kcbigbadram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI

Just take the plunge. You'll thank yourself later.

I just did same thing as you would be doing, and even though the cost is high, the truck just looks so much better without seeing the steps all the time

OP
OP

12gram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
image_zps8115f4fa.jpg
[/IMG]

image_zps499385b7.png
[/IMG]

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If anyone at the dealership had told me about Dodges auto-mobility program, I'd have gotten these, and the Dodge would have paid for 1/2 of them, instead of getting the WTW mopar ones. And it would have cost me ~ 200 bucks LESS than the ones I now have did.

BTW, I found out about the program about 3 months too late from someone on the internet.........

Silvercreek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I absolutely love my new AMP Research Power Steps. I had my RAM dealer install them. It took them about 2 hours with 2 tech's working on it. I sure do like the looks better without the factory steps.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks amazing man ^^^

anyone need these?
We are running a promo on them.
Send me an email to [email protected] and reference in subject AMP promo and I will take care of you ;)

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
ive been running my amp steps since I got my truck in june 2013. love em!

I like that they deploy nice and low so vertically challenged people can get on easily.
(wife) :)

then they tuck away from view when the door is closed.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its probably the biggest draw of comments I get at gas stations when I pull in to fill up
But I do love it for its function and exactly as you said ^^^ they drop a lot lower than other steps that are fixed do

ShayneB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
I really like mine. They work great. Even in the extreme cold.

At -40 they went up but not all the way. Left 1.5" from closing all the way up.

I assisted them with some light pressure with the top of my foot. I considered helping them up and then pulling the fuse at the battery to be sure they weren't hanging down after I got in. Thankfully the weather broke and warmed up a little.

Just something I have to watch for when it's that cold. I don't even consider that a fault due to the extreme cold. I really like mine. Better than nerf bars getting slush off the fron tires and the depositing them on your driveway or in the garage.

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
fastNugly,
how are yours holding up in the snow slush etc?? I'm really hesitant to order these, most people say they don't work well in the cold others say they burn up in 2 yrs etc etc
so if I'm going to drop $1000 + on them I'd like them to last more than 2 yrs.

thanks in advance

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
fastNugly,
how are yours holding up in the snow slush etc?? I'm really hesitant to order these, most people say they don't work well in the cold others say they burn up in 2 yrs etc etc
so if I'm going to drop $1000 + on them I'd like them to last more than 2 yrs.

thanks in advance

Surely the motors come with a warranty that would replace motors if they burn out.