Amp Rack Mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G_Altima

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just curious how everyone is mounting their amp racks to the rear cab wall of the quad or crew cabs. I plan on sound deadening before mounting the amp rack. Due to the weather here in Wisconsin and the huge amounts of salt spread on the road in the winter, i don't want any holes or screws to go through the cab to the outside. I have all my equipment and am ready to start installing but want to make sure i have a plan before i get started. This is my daily driver and my girlfriend's kids usually ride with me so i want to keep the install time as short as possible. I'm open to suggestions here. If i wasn't using sound deadening material i would just use liquid nails and glue it to the back wall. I haven't had the rear seats out yet so not quite sure what i'm dealing with back there.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Riv Nuts are your friend.

OP
OP
G_Altima

G_Altima

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never even heard of these. Gotta say, just watched a video on youtube and i'm pretty impressed.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
RivNuts are trick. Thanks for ending this thread with 1 post! lol

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
It's the right tool for the job for sure. Drill the hole, put a dab of clear silicone on it and slap in a rivnut...leaks and corrosion will never be a worry.

OP
OP
G_Altima

G_Altima

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome. You guys rock. Been waiting for the weather to warm up here to begin this install and all that new equipment has been staring at me for the last couple weeks. Can't wait to post some pics of the finished product.