Amp rack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spud2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
just wondering if anyone has done an amp rack in a ram? I have three amps I’m trying to fit and was looking for some ideas. My biggest dilemma is the space behind the rear seats (crew cab). How did y’all mount it? Mount the amps?

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If the fold out floor under the seat isn’t important to you. Here’s an option

6F9061DA-549E-4321-AAB5-0E6C45CED269.jpeg

MadGumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the sub in the black box with the logo?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a piece of mdf glued to the back wall you can fit a ton of stuff back there. Just be warned that if its behind the seat brackets you have to mount stuff high enough or you can't bolt the seat back in. I did a seat lift after the amps were mounted and then had to move an amp up to clear.

OP
OP
Spud2388

Spud2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
If the fold out floor under the seat isn’t important to you. Here’s an option

View attachment 143766
How are y’all mounting amps to the wall. is there a gap between the outside metal of the cab and inside metal or is it one piece. Not sure if I can just use short screws (what I would like to do) or not. I also have the 1/4” dense foam and Mass Loaded Vinyl back there to deal with.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a piece of mdf glued to the back wall you can fit a ton of stuff back there. Just be warned that if its behind the seat brackets you have to mount stuff high enough or you can't bolt the seat back in. I did a seat lift after the amps were mounted and then had to move an amp up to clear.

What type of glue did you use and how has it held up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What type of glue did you use and how has it held up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used a 2 part epoxy, but I put a layer of dynamat extreme down between the board and back wall first so it could be pried off if needed. Also, used a composite board kind of like the stuff you use for decks that doesn't rot, but looks like wood.