Amp Research Power Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rhesseling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Got a brand new 2021 Ram Laramie Megacab. Had amp power steps installed in July. Worked perfectly with no issues until the other night and now both sides seem to be getting stuck on something and not deploying. Nothing has changed on the truck and no off-roading. I drive it like a grandma. I have video of them trying to work.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
They are under warranty. Take them back to the place that installed them. Most likely issue with AMP is the Motors but it doesn't usually affect both sides at the same time. It may also be the crush safety switch.

OP
OP
R

Rhesseling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Thanks. The issue is I had them installed in Missouri and I’m in California until June

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Thanks. The issue is I had them installed in Missouri and I’m in California until June
I would call the place that installed them and find out how they want to handle it. A good shop will have you get it fixed at another AMP dealer where you are and cover the bill as it is a charge back to AMP. In fact most authorised AMP dealers will do warranty work on the boards, even if they didn't do the install..

1. Home
  2. Warranty Information

Warranty Information​

Warranty​

We offer a limited 3 year/36,000 mile warranty on AMP Research BedStep & BedXTender models, and a 5 year/60,000 mile warranty on AMP Research PowerStep models. Both warranties are limited to the original consumer of the AMP Research branded product. This warrants the product to be free from material and workmanship defects and is not transferable from the original purchaser. The full Warranty documentation can be downloaded here.

For information regarding the Warranty eligibility of any specific part number, please refer to that product page listing on our website or contact Customer Service.

To claim your warranty just send us the following:​

• Name, Address, Phone Number, and Email Address
  • Vehicle Year, Make, and Model
  • AMP Research Product & Part Number
  • Description of the warranty issue
  • Copy of original receipt
  • Images of product

Please send to:​

Email to: [email protected]

OP
OP
R

Rhesseling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Thanks so much. I really appreciate the quick responses.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Pull the power connecter on the module, wait a minute and plug it back it. that resets it. You should hear a "arc" when you plug it back in, if you don't the control module may have died. If that doesn't work call Amp and they will troubleshoot with you and send you the parts you need.