Amsoil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jescal76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Has anybody used Amsoil in there Hemis? Also has anyone tried using a 10/20w oil?

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Amsoil is all our Hemi has ever seen. I just got our 2016 oil (I use Signature Series, so change once a year), this time I've gone with a 50/50 mix of 5W20 and 5W30 for added engine protection, with a RP filter. I would'nt personally use a 10W oil for fear of permanently f'ing up the MDS system.

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yes a 10w oil should not be used, it is only thicker at startup when you really don't want that. the topic "synthetic "has many pages of good oil related info. just type it into search and it will show up

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
New Guys get a pass, look at my sig there is a Syn thread for all oil talk and questions. Welcome to the Forum, Amsoil SS and a RP filter is a great oil and great choice for your hemi like audio1der said, in fact I think he is a seller of it so maybe he can hook you up? Amsoil is a top tier oil for sure.

You should read Syn thread, many guys running 5w30 for extra film strength, or 5w20, either of those is what you would want. Zero or 5 winter rating, your first number in the 5w20 or 0w20, is generally what 99% of what people will use.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jescal76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the input. I have recently become a Am soil dealer, I've only used the oils in my atv and 2 stroke dirt bike so I just wanted some input on using it in the hemi's.

And body needs and product, hit me up.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
There is a right way and a wrong way to do things my friend.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Just for THE Record!! I ran PP 10W-30 from 5K miles to 10k miles with ZERO issues!!! Then I switched to Ultra 5W-30 due to WM had it on clearance to make room for the GTL version...

For those that use PYB--->The 10W-30 version is no doubt the stoutest version... VOAs have shown this...(loaded with Moly/Calcium)--(Zinc/Phosphorus).. At least from the 2014 formula that I witnessed... Compared to --->5W-20/5W-30... NOAK was some where near a 5...

Sorry to high jack! Just didn't and don't like misinformation being spread... Back on to the Amsoil topic--->I apologize...

Last edited:

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
In my 3rd gen I ran Amsoil Signature series, yearly oil changes with just shy of 20k miles on them. I always sent in for analysts and came back with flying colors.

I'm running the XL stuff in my 4th gen, it's about due for it's 3rd oil change and will get the same.

I don't doubt that these engines will probably work just as well with the cheap synthetic from Walmart but it's a little bit of insurance to run a quality oil and just know things are good to go.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the input. I have recently become a Am soil dealer, I've only used the oils in my atv and 2 stroke dirt bike so I just wanted some input on using it in the hemi's.

And body needs and product, hit me up.
Great post Sir ! Cudos !

When it comes to oils in our 5.7L HEMIS there will be lots of discussion and a bit of argument at times ... ; however, this is a fantastic subject .

So you are an Amsoil dealer ?

Please elaborate .

I run Redline 5W -30 & a Royal Purple filter 10-48 , I'm very happy with my results so far .

Any future insights on becoming a REDLINE OIL distribution company ?

If so I'd be interested! Good luck with your Hemi sir and welcome to the forum .

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just for THE Record!! I ran PP 10W-30 from 5K miles to 10k miles with ZERO issues!!!
Sorry to high jack! Just didn't and don't like misinformation being spread... Back on to the Amsoil topic--->I apologize...

What mis information? I think if anything its more a difference of opinion or one that should be clarified more. Do you advise using a 10w whatever brand over a 0 or 5 ?
For a 10w to ever be used over a 0 or 5w imo would require the user to live in a very mild temperature zone which he might, I did not see his location in his sig. As you and others have hammered on many times in the syn topic,. most wear occurs in the cold-warm up, a 10w no matter how good will flow less in cold weather which could lead to more noise and wear till it reached full operating temps or am I wrong?

Last edited: