Another tire recommendation thread please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oliver Closehauf

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I went and ordered mine today. Getting them mounted on Saturday morning.

I hope I'm not disappointed.

I used a tire comparison web site to come up with a tire circumference that was as close as possible to what was on there, but when I tell them the size they are like ohh we gotta get the OK because we only install the wheels if the new size is 3% difference or under. It was 3.5%, but I was OK'd.

I just checked and the numbers I got before are different than the numbers I just got. So at least one site is off.

Didn't matter because they don't make the tire I want in the closer size anyway. I'll be turning ten fewer revolutions per mile. I'll take the fuel savings.

OP
OP
Oliver Closehauf

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Here she is with about 1000 feet on the new Defenders.
IMG_20220723_133443299_HDR.jpg

The ride home was sooo comfortable and quiet. I actually want to drive it now. I think the late model rims look really good. They are almost new and still have the dealer stickers on them.

CAGEYAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm on my 2nd set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT's LT275x65-20. These tires are surprisingly low noise given their tread. I like their aggressive look and the LT rating really improves the truck's handling IMO. I changed out a set with RWL after 45K miles. These tires are a tad expensive so I figured with 6/32 tread left, they'd still have some value. If anyone is near zip code 08559, they can try a set for $200. No scrapes, repairs or cuts.

Attachments

• IMG_7462.jpeg
    IMG_7462.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7077.jpeg
    IMG_7077.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7075.jpeg
    IMG_7075.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7074.jpeg
    IMG_7074.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 7

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm on my 2nd set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT's LT275x65-20. These tires are surprisingly low noise given their tread. I like their aggressive look and the LT rating really improves the truck's handling IMO. I changed out a set with RWL after 45K miles. These tires are a tad expensive so I figured with 6/32 tread left, they'd still have some value. If anyone is near zip code 08559, they can try a set for $200. No scrapes, repairs or cuts.

What has been your experience with the Coopers on wet, snow, ice?

CAGEYAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
In the wet they are awesome. you can arc through a curve with complete confidence. There is no slip and the truck feels as planted as if the road was dry. As for snow, we have mild winters here so it seldom snows over 6 inches or so. The tires feel fine in the snow as far as my limited experience. I've never felt I was about to slide out-the edge grip seems to handle snow well. Even less experience with ice so hard to offer a clear opinion. The tires do have the severe snow service rating symbol:
3PMS.jpeg