Another vibration thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I’ve looked at some other threads and saw somewhat similar discussions, but here I am anyways. So my rack and pinion was leaking(noticed it on an oil change), had the opportunity for some down time with the truck, and the extra funds to let someone else do the work, and let them replace it for me....well after I got it back drove it for a good 40 minutes curvy roads from 25-60mph. No issues until I turned in front of the house to back in the driveway turning slowly 5mph/less to the left and the steering wheel vibrated. And vibrated as I maneuvered into the driveway mostly only turning to the left. I noticed before I had the work done I have a couple ball joint rubbers that are cracked. There were no vibrations before the work was done. Same ball joints nothing has changed but the new rack and pinion. Mechanic is trying to tell me it is my aggressive tires. Running BF Goodrich a/t ko2’s LT275/60R20 loaf range D. Not that aggressive if you ask me.

3rd_gen_broke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you resolve this? I was considering your power steering pump was probably going out after prolonged leakage.