another will this work/fit thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gibson0822

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm new to the whole truck scene and had a fitment question or two. I have a 2003 1500 4wd QCSB with the 5.7 hemi for reference. I was looking at the Rough Country 4 inch lift kit, since I want to level out the front and get a little clearance at the same time. I was also looking at 315/70r17 tires and a 17x9 rim with -6MM offset. If I did my math correctly (which I'm not sure I did and posting for this very reason) The rims/tires should fit and stick out about 1.7 inches from the body. They also should not rub. My current tire size is 265/70r17 on the stock rims. So my questions are: Will this setup work? Is there anything else I need to change/look at because it'll place stress on it? Is my math right in the fact the tire will stick out almost 2 inches? I will have a tuner by that point so I can calibrate my speedo. Thanks for any and all help.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should fit from what I've read. I'm not great with the math part of this, but with 4" lift and 4wd, you should nee able to run 35s easy.

breg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They SHOULD fit. If not get the BFH and make em fit.:D
I sure hope the Rough Country kits have improved since I installed one. I put one on a 99 Jeep way back when. Fit needed a lot of massaging and rode like absolute crap. I took it off and sold it and got an Old Man Emu lift. Much nicer fit and finish and spectacular ride (for a Jeep).

OP
OP
G

gibson0822

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Different lift kit you recommend? It's a daily driver so I don't want to go crazy tall. I figured 4" will give me a bit of clearance for some mild off roading, fit some decent tires, and not destroy what little gas mileage I have.

breg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no clue. I just have an experience with an older type kit a long time ago.