Any 5th gen tradesman power wagon owners out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alloway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wondering if there are any 2019 or 2020 tradesman power wagon owners out there. Have seen some that I really like just wondering what others think about them and if they are happy they went with the tradesman over the “power wagon”. Haven’t seen a picture of one on 35s or 37s if anyone has one please post!
Thanks

Bram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I love mine. I’ve had a few minor issues with it, but nothing serious. Tradesman be powerwagon is more of a person decision, I did not want the extra features, decals. Wanted vinyl seats/floors for work purposes as well a little extra payload/towing.

E97C0F7A-CC02-49DB-AC48-FCD4438569BB.jpeg

OP
OP
A

Alloway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great looking truck! I have a 17 tradesman pw, considering trading up to a 5th gen. Yours looks great thanks!

Bram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thanks! I actually had an ‘18 pw tradesman. 8 speed is awesome, loss of in floor storage in the rear is the biggest negative. Haven’t seen much of a difference in economy, but never hand calculated either truck. Both were/are great trucks, but the ‘18 had a defective trans, so I got the ‘19

OP
OP
A

Alloway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love mine. I’ve had a few minor issues with it, but nothing serious. Tradesman be powerwagon is more of a person decision, I did not want the extra features, decals. Wanted vinyl seats/floors for work purposes as well a little extra payload/towing.

View attachment 202649

How are the vinyl seats? I love vinyl floors just wasn’t sure about the seats. Like the fact that you can clean them though.

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How are the vinyl seats? I love vinyl floors just wasn’t sure about the seats. Like the fact that you can clean them though.
I love my vinyl seats. Very comfortable and I’ve had back surgery so I’m picky about my seats now. Yes, clean up easily and durable. I prefer these seats over any of the options.

edit: Think mine officially considered cloth seats. My invoice doesn’t specify but it’s a water proof woven material. I call it vinyl but think you were asking about a different material. Anyway, love mine.

Last edited:

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I don't have a GEN 5, but I have a GEN 4 Tradesman with PW PKG. I went with the Tradesman trim because I just needed a truck. The Tradesman with PW PKG has all the functionality of a Power Wagon in higher-end trims. To me, a truck loaded with power options and convenience packages just makes it more expensive to repair when all that stuff starts failing.

The Tradesman creature comforts are fine for my needs.

Bram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

love the vinyl. Starting 2019 the work grade vinyl is standard, it was an upgrade in the 18’. The cloth seats are actually part of an upgrade package, tradesman level 2 package I think? No regrets saving the money and going vinyl floor and vinyl seats.

OP
OP
A

Alloway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks everyone, I really like my 17 tradesman pw as well, Has been a great truck. Some things about the gen 5 make it desirable to me to consider trading right now with the great interest rates. The tradesman's can be hard to find though.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Probably a higher profit margin with the SLT, Power Wagon, and Laramie trims and many want options the higher end trims offer as opposed to the barebones Tradesman.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably a higher profit margin with the SLT, Power Wagon, and Laramie trims and many want options the higher end trims offer as opposed to the barebones Tradesman.

Yea I agree.

Want I wanted was a tradesman exterior with the laramie interior. But thats not an option.

OP
OP
A

Alloway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can buy a new tradesman PW for just shy of 43k right now. That’s a lot of truck for the $ these days.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can buy a new tradesman PW for just shy of 43k right now. That’s a lot of truck for the $ these days.

Yea, I think msrp on one as bare bones as it could be is pushing $48k ish. So I could see getting down into the low $40’s pretty easily.

The dozen or so that I have seen on dealer lots are up over $50k, though. To find a complete bare bones one for sale is extremely rare. Most likely would have to order it.

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, I think msrp on one as bare bones as it could be is pushing $48k ish. So I could see getting down into the low $40’s pretty easily.

The dozen or so that I have seen on dealer lots are up over $50k, though. To find a complete bare bones one for sale is extremely rare. Most likely would have to order it.

A dealer near me has had several Tradesman PW’s on the lot recently. They are all priced between 50k-53k. They all have several added options. I actually went and looked at a nice delmonico red one but ended up going with a non Tradesman.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A dealer near me has had several Tradesman PW’s on the lot recently. They are all priced between 50k-53k. They all have several added options. I actually went and looked at a nice delmonico red one but ended up going with a non Tradesman.

Yep, thats what I have been seeing. 50-53 is really common.

I love the look of them on the exterior. Just wish I could get more gingerbread on the inside. That delmonico is a very nice color!...

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...Helper.selectedEntity=d2102#listing=266826279

OP
OP
A

Alloway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep the ones I’ve looked at are 53ish msrp marked down to 43ish. The olive green color is pretty cool also that I don’t think is offered in the “power wagon” at least I haven’t seen one yet. Wish they would put black bumpers on them.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
A

Alloway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep I’ve seen that olive green in the tradesman power wagon just not in the higher end “power wagon”
Think it would be cool and sell