Anybody try this tune on your EcoD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Was perusing another site and saw this tune referenced a few times. Their website is a bit confusing and looks like you can't customize the tune as much as a GDE, but you can do it yourself. I'd be interested to know if it's worth a hoot.

www.SofaKingTuned.com

Patrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
So the reason you can't "Customize" it like GDE is because all those options that are from GDE, SFT offers included, free of charge.

I had an amazing conversation with SFT on facebook. I encourage you to reach out and speak with them. Mine is a 2016 so I have not tuned yet due to the pending flash, but as soon as that's dealt with and I have my settlement, I will be 100% going with SFT.

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Just read a hilarious write up on another ecodiesel page about GDE ecm tune and SFT Trans tune, getting 36+mpg on 6” lift and 37” tires with stock gearing (3.55). So there’s that. I guess someone else here was planning on getting their stuff because it’s OBDII accessible. But now so is PPEI now. Maybe GDE is soon to follow? I know their trans tune is able to be installed via OBD so :33:

Patrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Just read a hilarious write up on another ecodiesel page about GDE ecm tune and SFT Trans tune, getting 36+mpg on 6” lift and 37” tires with stock gearing (3.55). So there’s that. I guess someone else here was planning on getting their stuff because it’s OBDII accessible. But now so is PPEI now. Maybe GDE is soon to follow? I know their trans tune is able to be installed via OBD so :33:

PPEI is no longer selling OBDII flash tunes. They ran into some issues and have stopped selling them. As of now, SFT is the only company doing it.

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
PPEI is no longer selling OBDII flash tunes. They ran into some issues and have stopped selling them. As of now, SFT is the only company doing it.
I would presume PPEI will fix their bug and make it back on the market sooner than later with it. Just my opinion though

Patrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I would presume PPEI will fix their bug and make it back on the market sooner than later with it. Just my opinion though

One would think, but look how many years it took just to get to this point. On another forum, we have members running the tune and the tune seems fine, so not exactly sure what the issue is.