Anyone deleted the 2017 Echo-diesel? If so what were the results mileage wise. Mine hasn’t been deleted and only gets around 21-22 mph average.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bebop51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 echo diesel
Any one deleted the 2017 Exho-Diesel? If so what were the results mileage wise. Mine hasn’t been deleted and only gets around 21-22 mph average.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
How you drive the truck has more to do with fuel economy than whether it's deleted or not.
The GDE compliant (EPA) tune can net over 28+ mpg easily if you keep the speed around 60 mph. You'll start loosing a couple mpg the more you go up and over 70-75 mph. Results vary depending on truck configuration: wheels, gearing, lifted, etc.along with how much the truck is driven long vs short trips.

OP
OP
B

Bebop51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 echo diesel
Hmm, if I have to drive 60 or less I will never get 28+. Interesting though. I may have to do a test and see what I can get. I do several long trips a month but that’s on Texas roads with 75 or even 80 for a speed limit.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I commute almost exclusively with my truck. 2016 175k miles, 34s, 3.55s and a stock tune w/ corrected Speedo. 60-65 I can see 28+, but I don't have time nor is that safe on my drive so 70-80 I see about 22-23 average cruising through hilly area. I hear all these stories of wild MPG but reality is you delete to avoid emissions equipment failures/expensive repairs etc. Mpg is a nice byproduct but you're driving habits will give better results all around and it's free.

Just be glad you didn't have to stomach the re-flash via the lawsuit. My truck went from pulling 28-30mpg under these same conditions to 20-21 with that initial re-flash.

Daviddnv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I commute almost exclusively with my truck. 2016 175k miles, 34s, 3.55s and a stock tune w/ corrected Speedo. 60-65 I can see 28+, but I don't have time nor is that safe on my drive so 70-80 I see about 22-23 average cruising through hilly area. I hear all these stories of wild MPG but reality is you delete to avoid emissions equipment failures/expensive repairs etc. Mpg is a nice byproduct but you're driving habits will give better results all around and it's free.

Just be glad you didn't have to stomach the re-flash via the lawsuit. My truck went from pulling 28-30mpg under these same conditions to 20-21 with that initial re-flash.
So this brings up an interesting question. It has probably been asked and debated, but I'll try. Do the emission restrictions really lower the net pollutants? In other words, is it better to burn more fuel with less pollutants or less fuel with more pollutants. I wonder what the net pollution is for say 10K miles with new emission controls vs 10k miles without the new emission controls. I understand gallon for gallon there is less with new emission controls, but we should talk in miles. Anyway, interesting question that I don't have the answer to, lol.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hmm, if I have to drive 60 or less I will never get 28+. Interesting though. I may have to do a test and see what I can get. I do several long trips a month but that’s on Texas roads with 75 or even 80 for a speed limit.
I spent some time TX last year in July & August between Dallas & Houston, I saw many cars, trucks, SUV's drive in the 60-68 MPH range so I don't by the I have to drive 75-80 MPH, driving at those speeds is a choice...

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
So this brings up an interesting question. It has probably been asked and debated, but I'll try. Do the emission restrictions really lower the net pollutants? In other words, is it better to burn more fuel with less pollutants or less fuel with more pollutants. I wonder what the net pollution is for say 10K miles with new emission controls vs 10k miles without the new emission controls. I understand gallon for gallon there is less with new emission controls, but we should talk in miles. Anyway, interesting question that I don't have the answer to, lol.
I don't know enough about the emissions output but a question vs asking. Another question I have is.....what's the carbon footprint of DEF packaging vs its impact on emissions output. At face value it feels quite backwards every time I fill the def tank.

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I really hate it when people want to eliminate their emissions equipment because they think getting a few thousand kilometers of distance is more important than the air they breathe.
I mean like why not just say the earth is flat, in terms of stupidity it is an equal comment. I guess stupid is not illegal though as much as it should be sometimes.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I really hate it when people want to eliminate their emissions equipment because they think getting a few thousand kilometers of distance is more important than the air they breathe.
I mean like why not just say the earth is flat, in terms of stupidity it is an equal comment. I guess stupid is not illegal though as much as it should be sometimes.
FYI there are what's called intact tunes for ECO diesel where you leave all of the emissions equipment intact on the truck, what the tunes does is improve fuel burn so that you get more mpg while using the same amount of diesel fuel if you did not have it, as I see it if adding a tune gets the ECO Diesel better fuel mileage that's a big win, using less fuel puts fewer pollutants into the air...

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

there are what's called intact tunes for ECO diesel where you leave all of the emissions equipment intact on the truck,
^^^ this
The GDE compliant tune I noted is this type of tune. The company had the tune tested and meets the federal EPA requirements.
It improves fuel economy, power, and cleans up the combustion cycle.

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I like clean air just as much as the next guy, but when ya got an engine so bogged down with emissions, limp mode if it doesn’t regenerate, and now that the truck is out of warranty, there goes $5k. Any engine that ingest’s it’s own exhaust is a detriment to the engine. Always has been, always will be.

Last edited: