Anyone else unimpressed with the stereo in the 2019 RAM???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I have the 9 speaker Alpine, tried replacing the speakers that helped a little, but still was under whelming.

Ended up installing a DRS1, Sub amp, 6 channel amp & replaced all the speakers. Also disconnected the roof speakers

& sound deadened the entire truck , finally go the sound I was looking for

I came to the conclusion the factory amp and speakers could not be salvaged

Ruben Marin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 DT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello good people, I too have a Gen5 RAM 1500 Bighorn level 2. I like playing Rap and Hip hop music from Sirius XM and I can't even put the volume level past 20 I start to get distortion from the base on my factory speakers, they sound like cheap made speakers. I too would like to upgrade them and install a real amp but can't find any information on wiring or schematic diagrams for it. Any help pointing me to the right direction. TIA

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I have a 19 bighorn trim 1 can’t turn it past 20or it sounds like total crap.

Look at this review you might consider a kicker key amp it's made just for this sort of issue apparently.

Manshoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Limited CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi onDa Brain
Simply got the Amp reflashed per the TSB. Granted, I have the HK system, but after the update it’s the best sounding (and much louder) system in any car I’ve owned

I haven't had any reflash to deal with, but with 19 speakers in my new Ram, it's by far one of the best stereos I have had.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM Limited
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Simply got the Amp reflashed per the TSB. Granted, I have the HK system, but after the update it’s the best sounding (and much louder) system in any car I’ve owned

Ditto. The TSB they did to mine is only for trucks made before a certain date (I don't have the sheet at my fingertips) but after they did the update, holy cow! After that, I did add dual 10 inch subs and a sub amp because I like the extra bass but for most, I'd think the HK system (with TSB update if needed) would be awfully good. I have not upgraded any of the factory speakers (other than doing the sub install) and have no need to. I'm very happy with the sound now. FM and MP3s from my iPhone are stellar. Sirius is plenty good albeit a bit compressed compared to FM and MP3. YMMV

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I have the 9 speaker Alpine in my bighorn and I am more then happy with it, I ordered the upgrade when I ordered the truck as I had the base unit in my 2014 sport and it was a bit underwhelming.

eithkrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2020 has the HK and the only issue i have is the bass is very boomy, shallow? Something is off. I have it turned down as far as it will go and still don't like it.

getinked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7-LITER V8 HEMI MDS VVT
I"m not an audiophile by any means, but the stock amplified 9/sub in the Rebel hasn't bothered me any.

brewman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7L Hemi w/ eTorque
My 2020 has the HK and the only issue i have is the bass is very boomy, shallow? Something is off. I have it turned down as far as it will go and still don't like it.
I just got a Laramie with HK, and the bass is definitely, as you put it, boomy. Muddy without any definition. I've also lowered the bass via EQ significantly, but it's still annoying.

All I can think is it has a ported subwoofer and is tuned for the style of "music" where that type of bass is preferred. Definitely not my style.

I'll probably look into replacing the sub and see if that helps.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I have the 9 spkr setup in my laramie and it sounds plenty fine. I turned down the bass some because on some tunes it was too boomy for me but overall the sound from this system is pretty good. I wish the equalizer offered 2 or 3 more ranges to adjust but it is what it is.

kbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk