Anyone else unimpressed with the stereo in the 2019 RAM???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagooRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
new to the site, this is my 5th RAM and I have to say that the stereo in this truck is by far the worst. I’ve played with all settings and just can’t get quality sound out of it. Any suggestions????

Maven

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi 5.7
Mine is pretty garbage too. The bass falls apart into excessive electronic distortion over volume 20 (Big Horn, L2 equipment package). The stereo and the unheated tow mirror debacle issues together are ludicrious and inexucasble in a truck that cost just shy of $50,000 new.

My solution will probably be changing the speakers out, although, I'm loathe to put any more money into it and will probably be trading it in as fast as possible instead.

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it's one of the base stereo radios, I have been unimpressed in the one in my 2017. It's the same radio. Even my Chevrolet Cruze had a better radio. But, it's functional and until it breaks, I will use it.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
HK system in my 19 Laramie level 2 12"radio is the best sound system I've had in a vehicle. Sirius and Spotify both have excellent sound but if I try music from a bad recording source it makes them sound even "badder".

Very happy with mine.

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
HK system in my 19 Laramie level 2 12"radio is the best sound system I've had in a vehicle. Sirius and Spotify both have excellent sound but if I try music from a bad recording source it makes them sound even "badder".

Very happy with mine.

If you bought the base radio expecting a concert hall you will be disappointed. I have HK, love the sound and to get that much bass out of 2 4" speakers is pretty amazing.

OP
OP
MagooRAM

MagooRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 19 bighorn trim 1 can’t turn it past 20or it sounds like total crap.

ddetar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cumins 6.7
I have 1 '19 Laramie 3500 with HK system. Extremely disappointed. for the hype that was given the product does not deliver. I have speaker upgrades in route, but having trouble finding ANYONE with knowledge of these 5th gen trucks. Where is the AMP located ? I have been told under the drivers seats, behind the knee panel under the steering column. have yet to find it.

A wiring diagram for the 17 speakers ?

Any information would be appreciated !

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
On the crew cab 1500 it's on the passenger side behind the back seat. I think they also claim 19 speakers. I put Ave Maria on my HK by Lenora Lewis and it's full and glorious.

ErnieD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 19 Classic Bighorn with 6 speaker base. It was crap. Except I like the head unit. I added all kicker speakers, 3.5 dash with bass blockers , 6.5 front doors, 6x9 rear doors, a kicker 10 inch RT Sub with an Atrend box that fit perfectly under right rear seat, Kenwood 5 channel amp with a LC6I line out converter. My sound system makes me want to keep driving for hours now. I did all my own install, but I’d say all In parts, about 800.00 dollars. If you just want better sound without the sub, add in a Kicker key amp to your existing factory speakers. It will wake them up.

ErnieD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 1 '19 Laramie 3500 with HK system. Extremely disappointed. for the hype that was given the product does not deliver. I have speaker upgrades in route, but having trouble finding ANYONE with knowledge of these 5th gen trucks. Where is the AMP located ? I have been told under the drivers seats, behind the knee panel under the steering column. have yet to find it.

I have the diagram but don’t know how to upload it through my iPhone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM Limited
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Depending on your date of build, you might need the TSB update to improve your sound quality. Mine needed it. Once completed by the dealer, whoa! Night and day difference! (This is for the 2019 HK "19 speaker, 900 watt" system. If you have something different, your mileage may vary.)

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi

Apparently there are more than slight differences between the HK system in the 1500 vs 3500.

Other sources are also saying that some ordered 3500's based on listening to the 1500 system and there is a vast difference in the systems. They then listened to other 3500's afterwards and they were also weak.

I would think it's time to get involved with FCA quality folks. I don't what would happen but they need folks to get on their case.

Shauner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Apparently there are more than slight differences between the HK system in the 1500 vs 3500.

Other sources are also saying that some ordered 3500's based on listening to the 1500 system and there is a vast difference in the systems. They then listened to other 3500's afterwards and they were also weak.

I would think it's time to get involved with FCA quality folks. I don't what would happen but they need folks to get on their case.

I am in the same boat! Extremely disappointed and FCA claims that it is normal to have the system sound the way it does. The difference between the 1500 HK and 3500 HK is night and day. I have just spent an hr with Siriusxfm trying to see if maybe there is something they can do as nobody can provide answers on this problem. Even the salesmen once brought to their attention admitted that it sounds completely different! The more folks that log a complaint will get us closer to a fix of some sort.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I have a 16 with the Alpine system. Is the 9 speaker system with a sub woofer comparable to the ALPINE one?

Leica

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
new to the site, this is my 5th RAM and I have to say that the stereo in this truck is by far the worst. I’ve played with all settings and just can’t get quality sound out of it. Any suggestions????
I am a first time Ram owner. The truck has a base level radio. No Sat, no dvd, no nav. It does blue tooth to my phone. A radio shop said I can’t change it because the radio is some how connected to climate control??????

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 1500 Laramie, It has 9 amplified speakers W/ Alpine sub woofer, I sounds great, I have a speaker in the drivers door thats rattling if I give it less bass its better.

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
Mine is 2018 and the sound is not very good. On the 4th Gen. site (audio) there is a lot of discussion on new speakers fixing the issue so you might want to check it out.