Anyone Have These Fogs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14Deebo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, you have a great setup imo
Thanks. I got the Rough Country SAE pods so I can run them in traffic and not blind people. Problem is that between the weight of the metal bracket and the pods, they are kind of loose since they are held by only 3 bolts. I will need to get back in there and figure out a couple more points to secure the metal bracket after I get them all aimed properly and tightened down. Thinking about taking the front bumper off to make everything a little more accessible (and trimming the lower splash guard down while I'm at it).

Dejaclue

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are under $200. Know what my next purchase will be as soon as they are in stock.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Hey guys, liking the black TruLux. It shows a resistor option, so I’m wondering if I really need them or not. I do have AlphaOBD and have set some things up in my truck last year.
Would I be correct that I don’t need those resistors, and just use my Alpha app to set my dogs to LED?
I have a 2018 Ram 2500 Limited. Thanks

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered the black ones from amazon a few weeks back but still waiting on them. Should be next week hopefully. I just went to amazon and searched trulux and saw these below. I actually like the price and since its amazon ill return them if they dont work. They kind of match the my alpharex headlights is the other reason i chose these. Will post pics when the arrive.
20200426_193251_HDR.jpg 20200426_193125_HDR.jpg 20200426_193135.jpg

rojo_143

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JB1 who did you order these through? ESS K Customs? I am really liking the way these look and perform just can't seem to find them in the states. I have found knock off brands but not the actual Trulux like originally linked.

Yes I got them from ESS, if you sign up for emails they'll send you a code for free shipping. I added the lights to the cart, selected UPS 3 day shipping then entered the code and it gave me that for free which was $34, also there's no tax since it's from Canada. If you buy before 3pm they ship the same day and they are in stock.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Yes I got them from ESS, if you sign up for emails they'll send you a code for free shipping. I added the lights to the cart, selected UPS 3 day shipping then entered the code and it gave me that for free which was $34, also there's no tax since it's from Canada. If you buy before 3pm they ship the same day and they are in stock.
I wish I would have known that. I created an account and ordered them at the same time. Didn’t see anything about the free shipping deal. Charged me $9.00 for regular shipping.

rojo_143

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
and by my understanding reading through this post, I have an 18 1500 but do not have alpha OBD so I would need the extra resistors correct?

wvmountaineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 hemi
@JB1 I just installed these as well, same year ram as yours, and wondering if I missed something in the Alpha settings. I have both fogs set to led, however my drivers side seems to cut out occasionally.
Already tried the other light, it does the same on the drivers side as well. I had the morimoto before these, and had to run resistors on them, as the drivers side would not even fire without.
Love the brightness of these new ones, just frustrated as hell my drivers side cuts out with the engine running. Oh, and the morimoto resistors won't work with these, lol.
Anyways, the question is, perhaps another setting I missed other than just set fogs to LED? Headlights already set to hid as well. TIA

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the horizontal version working fine in my 3500 with just the alfaobd led fog setting, no resistors

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What headlights and which fogs do you have? (I couldn't keep up with the thread to figure out which fogs you have)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Alpharex headlights and z-offroad series foglights. You can get both from amazon but i suggest going through alpharex to purchase headlights. They are great to work with and very helpful.