Anyone pay below MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are two in Hawaii right now listing for $129,900! MSRP $89,900 so $40k dealer markup. When I was talking with the sales manager and told him that was ridiculous he said "well, we could go as low as $119,000"...$10k drop in less than 2 minutes. I told him that I'd find one in the mainland.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
With the right discounts, you can get
5% below the dealer's invoice price plus a $200 fee. One of the benefits is that no haggling is required in order to get the deal

I don't know if Stellantis will continue with those discounts
Fiat did have them

The Affiliate Rewards Program guarantees a buyer preferred pricing -- the purchase or lease of a participating Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT, and Fiat vehicle at 1% below factory invoice price
https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/

Hopefully Stellantis will keep that program

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
5% below the dealer's invoice price plus a $200 fee. One of the benefits is that no haggling is required in order to get the deal

Fiat did have them

The Affiliate Rewards Program guarantees a buyer preferred pricing -- the purchase or lease of a participating Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT, and Fiat vehicle at 1% below factory invoice price

I saved $1400 plus on my wife's JGC back in September. It was as simple as going online and signing up for it, printing out the paperwork and just giving it to the salesperson. She knew exactly what it was...........no muss no fuss. I ended up saving about $10K in all over their asking price.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Another thing about the Affiliates Discount
Not only do you get the 1% below factory invoice price.
You still get any Incentives that are going on at that time

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI

Fiat did have them

Can't figure out yet if Peugeot is wearing the pants now, or simply came along for the ride. WTF is a "Stellantis" anyway? How many years of MBA school do you need to come up with something that ridiculous to your customer base? (at least here in USA)

Wade Haines

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Just bought one and was lucky to get a very small markup but I knew the GM and they gave me a fantastic offer on my trade which made it work for me. But every dealer I have contacted across the country has a markup, some worse than others.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I negotiated prior to my order in January. Best I could do trying several dealers was 4k under sticker. I'm used to getting them down way more than that but not in todays market.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I negotiated prior to my order in January. Best I could do trying several dealers was 4k under sticker. I'm used to getting them down way more than that but not in todays market.

On a trx...or your new HD...big difference there, in terms of sales.

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
21 Longhorn Limited. MSRP 68,840. Got that down by $4,900, to $$63,940.

15 Laramie CC Hemi with 143K miles trade in $21,000.

0%/72.

Very straight forward deal. Dave Smith Kellogg, ID. All financial matters settled via phone and Internet. Then I drove up to Kellogg, ID. There I looked at the truck to verify it was as expected, brief test drive, signed papers and drove away.

Considering the truck inventory across the states, chip shortage, assembly plant production issues these days, felt I got a fair deal. BONUS, this is one great truck I am enjoying. :)

upload_2021-5-5_18-1-21.jpeg

upload_2021-5-5_18-1-49.jpeg

Last edited:

Busa Dave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
MSRP is pretty much the "old dealer invoice price" now but that will change as more hit the streets. Here the ADM charges average 10k. I got mine from a rural dealer who wanted my trade which is very desirable right now (2020 2500 Denali). Beat pricing here in the DFW area by 5k on my trade.

miles01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I stole mine
Left over stock when got it last year
MSRP was $74,574
I got it for $46,900

midas360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.2 Supercharged 702 HP
I was able to get my TRX below MSRP. When I first found it online it was marked up about $14,000 over MSRP. I kept checking daily on the website and then it popped up at MSRP. I emailed the sales manager and told him I would be a buyer below MSRP if he wanted to sell it. He came back with a price and I drove up that morning, test drove it, and bought it.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealer I just bought my new BigHorn from had one TRX on the lot with a sold sign hanging from the mirror but the sticker showed $99k.

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Just ordered a 2021* RAM Classic Tradesman 4x4 from Aaron at Mark Dodge, and got roughly 10% off MSRP. No other dealer I talked with came close.

es

*which may actually be a 2022 since technically they are not taking '21 orders any more. will find out next week when I get my VIN.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I paid a little over, but honestly, I got such a good trade in on my PW that it didn't matter. No complaints with my PW but the TRX is on another level! At least for the off-road driving I do.