Anyone running chains on 35's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Already freezing temperatures at night here. Pulled out from storage the tire chains for the 2016 Power Wagon today. Winter is coming soon.

One thing about running them even with the stock wheels and 285 width tires is in checking the clearance of the parking brake cable bracket. On both my son's 2014 Ram 2500 with 285 75R18 (35") tires and my PW's 285 75R17 (34") tires the cables/chains did not clear it. Had to bend the brackets inward on both Ram trucks. He is running cables on the stock 2500 aluminum wheels, whereas, I have chains on the stock PW aluminum wheels.

Freezin’?! My A/C has been running all week over here. Been up in the 80’s, ugh!

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Freezin’?! My A/C has been running all week over here. Been up in the 80’s, ugh!

On most days there's a 35 to 45 degree Fahrenheit temperature difference between the low and the high. On some summer and winter season days it can vary by over 50 degrees. Happens all year long. One wakes up to needing hot coffee to stay warm and by afternoon it's ice cold beer to cool off!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diurnal_temperature_variation

Last edited:

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
3/4" snow on the San Francisco peaks 12K ft, near Flagstaff on Monday,today in Phoenix 90. Love the winter. Sons ram 2wd uses chains up north. I have not needed them yet 4WD

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
3/4" snow on the San Francisco peaks 12K ft, near Flagstaff on Monday,today in Phoenix 90. Love the winter. Sons ram 2wd uses chains up north. I have not needed them yet 4WD
Had 318" of snow near here last year just 6 miles up the highway. Had to chain my Power Wagon's rear end to a tree last year in order to winch out a Ram 2500 delivery driver's van at my home in deep snow. The Power Wagon isn't invincible in snow. Things would have worked much smoother if I had installed chains on it due to attempting to pull the loaded van with both the front and rear lockers engaged still spun all four of the fairly new Cooper S/T Maxx tires.

Last edited: