Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
20190315_202758.jpg 20190315_202825.jpg 20190315_202901.jpg

Tree line is about 50 feet away. Just got them adjusted using a #2 Phillips, very easy. Clockwise up, CC down.

I have never been able to see this far in my truck. The high beams will take a little getting used to, as their beam pattern is more similar to an Audi (big round circle).

I am getting a "Parking light out" error on my gauge cluster screen when I use the turn signals. These have an adapter to plug into the turn signal socket, but I am guessing it is still not seeing the correct resistance.

I'll likely not worry about it as the turn signals still work....I would only hear the ding and see the message when I use my signals, and I doubt it will annoy me....

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine came with a thick bead of silicone on the entire seal, so I think they may have addressed the condensation issue already. I used the HID lows, and will have to modify the caps to make them work, so right now running no caps anyway. I had very minor condensation in my factory headlights, threw silica desiccant packs in and it has never gotten condensation again.

Now, I used the same desiccant packs in these, but without caps (gotta drill a hole for the HID power wires to go through), they will likely still get some fogging. I am one of those a$$holes, though, that runs with his headlights on always due to weather/lighting conditions anyway, so it will heat off most condensation fairly quickly....55 watt HID makes for a warm headlight housing pretty easily...

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Tonight I noticed, once you start truck, a message comes up, left turn signal out., but goes out right away. Then I noticed when using the left turn signal, the sound using turn signal clicks faster but is normal when looking at the turn signal outside. Doesn't bother me, just thought I would point it out.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
It was difficult to get the lighting right to show through my phone. Any way it looks even better than the pictures. I love the new design.

View attachment 158358
View attachment 158359
I noticed when installing mine, on back where the DRL red wire is there's a rubber grommet but isn't as small as the wire, so is area with spraying water in certain angles, water can get in, I put a ball of butyl in hole and pressed it to seal off that small hole. Could be why the drl had moisture.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Tonight I noticed, once you start truck, a message comes up, left turn signal out., but goes out right away. Then I noticed when using the left turn signal, the sound using turn signal clicks faster but is normal when looking at the turn signal outside. Doesn't bother me, just thought I would point it out.

You'll probably either have to get some canbus adapters/ resistors (I think you can find opt7 one's on ebay/Amazon for ~$8) or if you have or want to get use alphaobd to set turn/park lamps to led and that should solve your problem. When I initially installed switchbacks I had set only my turn to led and every time after using the turn signals or every couple of minutes I would get a light out message. So I turned parking lamps to led and no more messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the HIDs they sell with them any good?

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
OMG these are soooooo fricken sick!!!!! I must have these headlights!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Yes I agree, and they are special led projectors.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I haven't installed the DRL harness with these lights(one that comes with it) I enabled my drl on my 13 Ram using bully dog tuner, but all that did is turn headlights on in day. Will the drl harness make the white led above light come on?

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
You'll probably either have to get some canbus adapters/ resistors (I think you can find opt7 one's on ebay/Amazon for ~$8) or if you have or want to get use alphaobd to set turn/park lamps to led and that should solve your problem. When I initially installed switchbacks I had set only my turn to led and every time after using the turn signals or every couple of minutes I would get a light out message. So I turned parking lamps to led and no more messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So far it only comes on as soon as I start truck and only says left one is out, then Once running the warning goes away. Doesn't really bother me, so will prob just leave it alone. I do want to get some led fog bulbs, but looking at the anti flicker harnesses so many have hit or miss reviews. I am using the halogen h7 bulbs that came with the projectors, so have no idea about the brand of hid kit used. I'm actually pretty happy with the light output of bulbs it came with and the cutoff line is sharp, I could spend a little more time adjusting the lights though, but these are much better than the stock quads and I had the retrofitted halogens that I seen post here in my quads(the one you modify a bulb to fit and is more watts) can't remember bulb #, but these still put out better light.

Last edited:

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So far it only comes on as soon as I start truck Once running the warning goes away. Doesn't really bother me, so will prob just leave it alone. I do want to get some led fog bulbs, but looking at the anti flicker harnesses so many have hit or miss reviews.
The Opt7 Fluxbeam X come with the Antiflicker Capacitors and they work in the Rams with no issues whatsoever. You don't need the special TIPM bundle from Opt7, the normal bulbs come with the proper capacitors.

I've installed them on many 09-18 Rams in the fogs and never once had a single issues. Plus they are amazingly bright and mine in my fogs have lasted for 2 very harsh PA winters and now almost a 3rd, plus major flooding that I had to drive through, etc. The bulbs and drivers have taken one hell of a beating and are still working perfectly. Many many props to Opt7 for making one hell of a strong and reliable bulb in the FluxBeam X line.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are the HIDs they sell with them any good?

No flickering, they come with the CANBus adapter inline, worked first time without issue. Only time will tell if they hold up. I put the passenger side in the airbox to remain as dry as possible, the driver side is inside the power distribution center for the same reason.

These locations worked well for my DDM Tuning HIDs that I have in there previously.

While the HID Bulbs by themselves were a significant improvement over stock, these housings are like a completely different vehicle. There is no comparison in output, throw, or beam pattern.

jhick22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I read somewhere that you might have to reverse the plug to get rid of the error. I have not had any errors on mine, but they weren’t easy to get in and “click”. I was afraid Id break the wire since there is not a lot of room to grab with your fingers.

jhick22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 159023 View attachment 159024 View attachment 159025

Tree line is about 50 feet away. Just got them adjusted using a #2 Phillips, very easy. Clockwise up, CC down.

I have never been able to see this far in my truck. The high beams will take a little getting used to, as their beam pattern is more similar to an Audi (big round circle).

I am getting a "Parking light out" error on my gauge cluster screen when I use the turn signals. These have an adapter to plug into the turn signal socket, but I am guessing it is still not seeing the correct resistance.

I'll likely not worry about it as the turn signals still work....I would only hear the ding and see the message when I use my signals, and I doubt it will annoy me....

Looks good! Did you wire the DRL’s I didn’t do mine yet as I was going to remove them again. I bought a fuse tap for the power to turn on when the truck is on, but wasn’t sure where to hook up the gray wire. I think that gets hooked into the light harness to tell when the lights are on?

jhick22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good! Did you wire the DRL’s I didn’t do mine yet as I was going to remove them again. I bought a fuse tap for the power to turn on when the truck is on, but wasn’t sure where to hook up the gray wire. I think that gets hooked into the light harness to tell when the lights are on?

Nevermind. I see that the gray goes to an ignition switch and red and black are battery and ground.

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did not use the DRL wire. I am that guy that simply leaves the headlight switch in the ON position. They take a few minutes after I turn off my truck to turn off, but they do turn off every time.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
So far it only comes on as soon as I start truck and only says left one is out

FYI, that is just a graphic used for turn signal(s) being out. It doesn't specifically mean the left turn signal, just that a front turn signal is out (could be right or left). Same thing with the rear taillights/turn signals... the graphic always shows the passenger side light if it thinks any brake/tail is out, even if its the driver's side or the third (high mount) brake light. Its just a pretty picture, unfortunately.

I really like those quad LED lights for looks, but hate to be the first one to drop that kind of money on something for the truck without reading reviews first... hmmm, decisions decisions.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I haven't installed the DRL harness with these lights(one that comes with it) I enabled my drl on my 13 Ram using bully dog tuner, but all that did is turn headlights on in day. Will the drl harness make the white led above light come on?
There is a right and left dedicated DRL circuit on your bcm. If you added those wires to your bcm and brought them to the DRL wires on the headlights, it can be enabled using the alfa as the dedicated DRLs. I don’t know if bully dog can enable that circuit specifically. While we’re on the topic, is the DRL light just one wire coming out of the housing?
Is there room to stuff an average sized hid ballast into the housing (excluding resistors or other add-ons)?
Does the turn signal “adapter” HAVE to be used? For example, if I wanted to bypass it and set my turn signals and parking lights to “LED” using the alfa.