Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Never payed attention to it. Only ran the switchbacks for a day or two.

What I'm thinking of doing, and your input is greatly will be appreciated, is depending on what board is used for turn and drl's is possibly swapping those out for a set of profile pivot switchback strips. This next part I'm not sure about yet. Most likely tying the drl upper section into the turn signal feed and either having both upper and lower as drl's and turns or if possible only having the lowers as turns and both as drl's activating the turns as drl's through alphaobd.

Option 2 is similar but reversed and running a dedicated drl from the bcm into the front end module then to the headlights like factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I get exactly what you’re saying, and I would do pretty much the same thing- the upper and lower would be a white DRL during the day. The lower would be a true switchback turn signal with the upper dropping out. At night when the lights are turned on, the upper would be a parking light and the lower would be turn signal only. The way I would wire it is to bring the dedicated DRL circuit wire to the upper light AND lower switchback white led circuit, then the parking light circuit to the upper and the turn circuit to the lower switchback amber led circuit. Make sure DRL dropout is enabled and set to dedicated, and it should be good. I don’t think I would make both the upper and lower turn signals as that would look a little too busy.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I was thinking that the parking light was what alphaobd was technically enabling as the drl not the turn signal. I used that for a while until I installed switchbacks and didn't like that you couldn't really see the white when it's was on so switched to highs for now.

So I wonder if the $330 version is more like the modifystreet one's and the $340 is the "upgraded" version with the sequential light feature

Think the $340 is gloss black. Alpharex is manufacturer, other brands with same lights are distributors. Modifystreet just puts name on box.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Odd, I noticed past day, no light out message and the left signal doesn't make the faster clicking sound when using turn signal. I would suggest anyone installing these, on back where red wire is for drl, fill in hole where wire comes out, with a piece of butyl or silicone, just extra protection from water entering. I need to remove my lights and add bead of silicone, but took it through car wash and no moisture yet.

jhick22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hard to get a read from the limited reviews... Are the 2019 style setup better for led bulbs or hid?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have the HID and you have to drill a hole in the back cap and seal with included grommet and silicone to run the wires for the canbus. I ordered some Hikari LED bulbs for the high beam, so when I install them I’ll update. If there is room, it would be better to not have to put a hole in the caps.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been emailing back and forth with alpharex

These are their headlights.. They linked me directly to the Amazon product page.

Hid is recommended for best performance and they highly suggest the kit they include because it has been tested with the sensitive ram canbus

Finally, none of the sets for ram have sequential signals (alpharex website says they do but apparently that is incorrect)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I look forward to hearing some more reviews of these. The price almost seems to good to be true when compared to other options that are ~ 4x the price.

pidass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
anyway to make these work with trucks with oem projectors?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
anyway to make these work with trucks with oem projectors?
Yes. That’s basically what I’ll be doing. The two female connectors that are on each side of the quad truck harness are not easily sourced without buying like 50 at a time. I found an equivalent that is keyed a little bit different, but should still snap in and seal to the connectors on these lights. Also, I can’t find the male connector that would plug into the 14 way female projector connectors on the truck, so I’m going to be cutting the truck connectors off and pinning the truck wires directly into the new connectors, then seal off and wrap the unused wires. I’ll also have to disable some features in the BCM with the alfaobd to mimic a truck that came with quads. I ordered the connector parts for $18. I won’t get to it for about a week and a half, but I’ll post back and confirm that the harness parts work.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Yes. That’s basically what I’ll be doing. The two female connectors that are on each side of the quad truck harness are not easily sourced without buying like 50 at a time. I found an equivalent that is keyed a little bit different, but should still snap in and seal to the connectors on these lights. Also, I can’t find the male connector that would plug into the 14 way female projector connectors on the truck, so I’m going to be cutting the truck connectors off and pinning the truck wires directly into the new connectors, then seal off and wrap the unused wires. I’ll also have to disable some features in the BCM with the alfaobd to mimic a truck that came with quads. I ordered the connector parts for $18. I won’t get to it for about a week and a half, but I’ll post back and confirm that the harness parts work.

Did You make your own "factory" projector harness for you truck? What did you do with the factory quad connectors?

According to modifystreets answers on Amazon they are working on an adapter for the factory projectors. Who knows if they will ever figure that one out.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did You make your own "factory" projector harness for you truck? What did you do with the factory quad connectors?

According to modifystreets answers on Amazon they are working on an adapter for the factory projectors. Who knows if they will ever figure that one out.

I actually installed the entire front end factory harness for projectors. Unfortunately, that was about 1 1/2 years ago, and I don’t know what I did with my original front end harness.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I actually installed the entire front end factory harness for projectors. Unfortunately, that was about 1 1/2 years ago, and I don’t know what I did with my original front end harness.

Gotcha. Hopefully you still have the harness and it's not to hard to find

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also asked Alpha for wiring diagrams, not sure if they will help but figured Id ask anyway.

Still not quite sure of the relationship between them and ModifyStreet....Alpha linked me right to the Amazon product page from ModifyStreet, but Alpha sells the headlights on their own website as well.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I also asked Alpha for wiring diagrams, not sure if they will help but figured Id ask anyway.

Still not quite sure of the relationship between them and ModifyStreet....Alpha linked me right to the Amazon product page from ModifyStreet, but Alpha sells the headlights on their own website as well.

I've been looking at the alpharex site. Asked a few questions about them. Been pretty good at responding. It's a toss up on where to buy. Didn't ask alpharex about returns but Amazon easy returns not sure on how fast they'd ship. Alpharex said they ship same day if ordered before 1pm cst

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im guessing AlphaRex wont charge tax, Amazon will (at least in my state).

OTOH, yeah, Amazon return policy.

I think if I were going to "BYOH" (Bring Your Own HID), I would order from Alpha to save some $$$. Otherwise Id order the kit with HID setup from Amazon.

Also curious what other HID setups are "plug and play" for these lights. Could you use something better quality like Morimoto?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Im guessing AlphaRex wont charge tax, Amazon will (at least in my state).

OTOH, yeah, Amazon return policy.

I think if I were going to "BYOH" (Bring Your Own HID), I would order from Alpha to save some $$$. Otherwise Id order the kit with HID setup from Amazon.

Also curious what other HID setups are "plug and play" for these lights. Could you use something better quality like Morimoto?

It's really hard to tell if any other kit would be plug and play until you had the lights in hand and saw exactly how they are wired

pidass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I msg'd this seller on ebay and they said they would send the needed adapter if bought, maybe they'll sell separately?
https://www.ebay.com/usr/imotorsportoutlet

Sort of confused how DRL will work with my truck with oem projectors but really just worried about getting better light output from my crappy oem projectors.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I msg'd this seller on ebay and they said they would send the needed adapter if bought, maybe they'll sell separately?
https://www.ebay.com/usr/imotorsportoutlet

Sort of confused how DRL will work with my truck with oem projectors but really just worried about getting better light output from my crappy oem projectors.
On your connector that plugs into your projector headlight housing, there is a wire for DRL. You can de-pin it from the connector and plug it into that red wire coming out of the new headlight housing (I’m guessing). But, then you would need to activate that circuit with alfaobd. You would set it as dedicated DRLs.

drprymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you let me know how to adjust the light, I see a wheel in area the normal adjustment screw is on oem but not sure how to turn it when installed in truck, not even sure if it can be. My beam on the h7 standard bulbs is off and need it adjusted.

View attachment 158891

So this is with just regular halogen bulbs not HIDs?

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
So this is with just regular halogen bulbs not HIDs?
Yes, just the regular h7 they come with, here are more photos of the cutoff line etc. The phone does make them look a little brighter than in real life, but they still put out a nice amount of light. Before this I had quad lights with the 65 watt bulb upgrade(where you modify base) and these for sure are better on road. They do have a little yellow like most oem, I would still like to put like 6000k bulbs, I like the pure white look.

IMG_20190318_231453.jpg

IMG_20190319_214649.jpg