Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I finally gave in and ordered a set. Didn't go with the hid's. Want to wait and see exactly how the wiring is layed out then get either hid's or led's. Depending on just how bright the drl strip is during the day I may just replace that. Very good chance I'll swap out the led turn signal for a switch back and probably custom paint them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They seem to be setup like actual projectors, and if that is the case the rule is "LEDs for reflectors, HID for projectors".

Not saying I would use whatever HID kit comes with them, but I would be leaning towards and HID setup for these.

When you get yours, could you add some pics of the wiring and such? Curious what other HID kits might work (presumably better quality)

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
They seem to be setup like actual projectors, and if that is the case the rule is "LEDs for reflectors, HID for projectors".

Not saying I would use whatever HID kit comes with them, but I would be leaning towards and HID setup for these.

When you get yours, could you add some pics of the wiring and such? Curious what other HID kits might work (presumably better quality)

I definitely will take pic's of the wiring. I'm really curious on it. It wouldn't take much to rewire the headlight portion and add some connectors to hook up with the factory wiring.

I've heard that also about hid/led's. I'll probably run led's for highs.

Should hopefully be here end of next week.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you order from alpharex or Amazon?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Did you order from alpharex or Amazon?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Amazon. Just for ease of returning if something is damaged. Shipping speed is probably the same. ~5-7 day's to NY.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Anyone know, if i buy a anti flicker module and find one that can match up to this wire harness, will I be ok using it outside the lights in line, since I will only possibly get low beams, would the antiflicker mess with the halogen in high beams. Also does anyone know what this connector is. Like is it a 9008 or? I seen some pre wired with connectors, would be nice to just plug in.

Screenshot_20190322_153322_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping~2.jpg pre wired ones I seen that look about right.

Screenshot_20190322_154135_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Anyone know, if i buy a anti flicker module and find one that can match up to this wire harness, will I be ok using it outside the lights in line, since I will only possibly get low beams, would the antiflicker mess with the halogen in high beams. Also does anyone know what this connector is. Like is it a 9008 or? I seen some pre wired with connectors, would be nice to just plug in.

View attachment 159994 pre wired ones I seen that look about right.

View attachment 159995

I believe that’s what they are. I ordered some h13 pig tails for a little project for quad headlights. They should be here tomorrow so I can let you know. You could always cut the ends off that wiring harness and add new connectors on. That’s what I plan to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

View attachment 159994 pre wired ones I seen that look about right.

View attachment 159995
The connector on the back of the headlight housing don’t relate to bulbs themselves. It’s just the 3-way connector that ram has chosen to deliver the high, low, turn, and park light circuits into the housing. From there they branch of the their respective bulb connectors. The 9008/h13 bulb handles both high and low beam, hence the reason it has three wires. It may just be a coincidence that they happen to look similar to the connectors ram chose to use on their quad housings to truck harness, and I’m not sure if they’re the same or not. Since this housing takes h7 bulbs, you would be looking for an in-line anti-flicker module that has the h7 female connector on one end and the male connector on the other end. The bulb connector is inside the housing, so that’s where any add on harness is going to originate, and depending on how much room is inside the housing, may have to be brought outside the housing depending on it’s size. Most lights, whether hid or led, offer the option to add it’s specific anti flicker module as an add-on item.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How does one know if the anti-flicker setup is necessary?

Just when I think I have the right idea, the whole lighting thing starts to confuse me again!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
How does one know if the anti-flicker setup is necessary?

Just when I think I have the right idea, the whole lighting thing starts to confuse me again!

If you have alphaobd then all you should have to do is set park/turn to led and if you are going to run hid's set the lows to hid and you should be good to go.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have alphaobd then all you should have to do is set park/turn to led and if you are going to run hid's set the lows to hid and you should be good to go.

Thanks, thats what I was looking for. I know Alfa at least HELPS in regards to lighting, but if it fixes the "issues" then even better.

I guess I just assume everyone has AlfaOBD by now and no one needs anti flicker, CAN adapters or resistors anymore :)

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Ya, think AlphaObd would be worth it for me. I have leds in rear backup lights and license plate lights and never had a bulb out error. I do notice when I turn truck off the leds got license plate dim down and slowly dim until they go off, about 2 minutes later. But zero light out issues from those. I seen some katana v7 h7 leds on Amazon for like $40 and look identical to the $170 supernova v4 leds and someone in reviews said they were exactly same leds.

Screenshot_20190322_170232_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks, thats what I was looking for. I know Alfa at least HELPS in regards to lighting, but if it fixes the "issues" then even better.

I guess I just assume everyone has AlfaOBD by now and no one needs anti flicker, CAN adapters or resistors anymore :)

No one has documented how they are wired or the harness that comes with them other than getting a possible light out message once in a while. So I'm really hoping that having those settings changed with alphaobd is all it takes. My lights should be here next Friday so I'll take pic's of how it's wired and what the drl harness is like. I'm hoping that the exterior "headlight" connection can easily be changed to match up with the truck's harness with using what came with the truck

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No one has documented how they are wired or the harness that comes with them other than getting a possible light out message once in a while. So I'm really hoping that having those settings changed with alphaobd is all it takes. My lights should be here next Friday so I'll take pic's of how it's wired and what the drl harness is like. I'm hoping that the exterior "headlight" connection can easily be changed to match up with the truck's harness with using what came with the truck

Definitely looking out for what you find.

Since AlphaRex sells them directly (but no HID kit), Id rather order from there to save on tax along with the possibility of buying a better HID kit that will work with them. Just need to find out which (if any) other HID kits will work.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ya, think AlphaObd would be worth it got me. I have leds in rear backup lights and license plate lights and never had a bulb out error. I do notice when I turn truck off the leds got license plate dim down and slowly FIM until they go off, about 2 minutes later. But zero light out issues from those. I seen some katana v7 h7 leds on Amazon for like $40 and look identical to the $170 supernova v4 leds and someone in reviews said they were exactly same leds.

Reverse lights and license plate lights may throw a light out message or might not, depends on what one's you have. I have zero issues with the one's I've got and didn't have alphaobd when I swapped them in. It's more of an issue with turn/park/fogs and lows. Alphaobd worked for changing those

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Definitely looking out for what you find.

Since AlphaRex sells them directly (but no HID kit), Id rather order from there to save on tax along with the possibility of buying a better HID kit that will work with them. Just need to find out which (if any) other HID kits will work.

It was a dollar cheaper on Amazon, no sales tax for NY at this point, and ease of returning just incase was the biggest reason I went through Amazon.

Unless it's a funky on off connector inside the housing they use on their own stuff, at this point I think any h7 setup will work. But won't know until I physically have it in my hand.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was a dollar cheaper on Amazon, no sales tax for NY at this point, and ease of returning just incase was the biggest reason I went through Amazon.

Unless it's a funky on off connector inside the housing they use on their own stuff, at this point I think any h7 setup will work. But won't know until I physically have it in my hand.

Did you order with or without the HID kit?

Still debating what color, too. White Big Horn so lots of chrome already on it, maybe just go for chrome headlights too.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Did you order with or without the HID kit?

Still debating what color, too. White Big Horn so lots of chrome already on it, maybe just go for chrome headlights too.

Without so just incase it's a standard h7 setup with nothing funky I can order a decent hid kit. I went with the standard black not the polished. I plan on opening these up and painting them. I'm really hoping that the sealant isn't that strong and they will just pop open.

White truck hmmm. Black would stand out, chrome would probably give you a more "stock" look. I'm not a fan of chrome so I'd go with black and then think about custom painting them.