Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do the LED lows compare to the halogens in the quads? I still worry about aiming, etc. but it would be great to not deal with HID if I didnt have to.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
How do the LED lows compare to the halogens in the quads? I still worry about aiming, etc. but it would be great to not deal with HID if I didnt have to.

I didn't have any problems aiming. Pretty crisp cutoff line. No dead spots. Very similar output compared to a 35w hid.

It's hard to compare to quads. Quads don't necessarily have a cutoff they kinda fade out compared to projectors that have a cut off. So if you've never had projectors it's takes a little bit to get used to.

As I've said and Jimmy07 has said the quality of the projector is very similar to the tyc oem style projectors.

I'm a led guy. I like the instant on, I feel are more hassle free, and 99% of the time can easily fit inside the housing. Now with alphaobd we don't have to worry about stuffing a canbus adapter inside also. I will say with the Hikari led's I didn't have to change the lows to led's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forsakentalon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love the modify street lights. Switched from duals. But then I noticed the lows don't stay on with the highs. Used alfaobd to change computer to quads. Worked but then I realized I lost the white bar DRLS at the top. Tried every config in alfaobd and turned off the quad. Still can't get the DRL to comeback. If I use the direct wire method won't I have 24 volts going there as the white bar does come on with the headlights. Thanks.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I love the modify street lights. Switched from duals. But then I noticed the lows don't stay on with the highs. Used alfaobd to change computer to quads. Worked but then I realized I lost the white bar DRLS at the top. Tried every config in alfaobd and turned off the quad. Still can't get the DRL to comeback. If I use the direct wire method won't I have 24 volts going there as the white bar does come on with the headlights. Thanks.
When you say you lost the white DRLs on top, do you mean that, at night when the headlights are on, they don’t turn on as parking lights? For daytime use, you have to hook up the DRL harness to the red wire. No, you won’t have 24v.

Forsakentalon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you say you lost the white DRLs on top, do you mean that, at night when the headlights are on, they don’t turn on as parking lights? For daytime use, you have to hook up the DRL harness to the red wire. No, you won’t have 24v.
before I used alfaodb and changed to quad headlights the white bar came on as a DRL on their own in the day light. They no longer do this after using alfaodb and changing settings to quads. (Mine were duals before). They still come on with the headlights and drop out with the tirn signal. If I wire the additional harness in won't there be 24 volts going in when I turn on the headlights as it will have 2 sources of 12 volts

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
before I used alfaodb and changed to quad headlights the white bar came on as a DRL on their own in the day light. They no longer do this after using alfaodb and changing settings to quads. (Mine were duals before). They still come on with the headlights and drop out with the tirn signal. If I wire the additional harness in won't there be 24 volts going in when I turn on the headlights as it will have 2 sources of 12 volts

Are you using the supplied drl harness?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nope I'm not using it
Is there anything hooked up to the red wire coming out of the back of the headlights now, or at any point in time?
As far as the 24v- you have one 12v battery. The only possible way to feed something 24v is if you have two 12v batteries that are wired in series. You can run 20 wires from the battery to the red wire, and it will still be 12v.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Nope I'm not using it

It could of been how the the duals were programmed or if you had drl's programmed previously.

What year is your truck?

If your truck came with "duals" the one on the left then you won't have a dedicated drl location so you'll have to use the supplied harness.

6264a1054ac70b74f55843e28a8873f9.jpg

If you have a 09-12 you won't have the ability to program a dedicated drl feed only the ability to choose low or high for drl through alphaobd.

Forsakentalon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It could of been how the the duals were programmed or if you had drl's programmed previously.

What year is your truck?

If your truck came with "duals" the one on the left then you won't have a dedicated drl location so you'll have to use the supplied harness.

6264a1054ac70b74f55843e28a8873f9.jpg

If you have a 09-12 you won't have the ability to program a dedicated drl feed only the ability to choose low or high for drl through alphaobd.

It is a dual. It's a 2012. It has let me choose the turn signal as the drop. No wiring is connected to the red wire and the DRL harness is not connected. The white bar does turn on with the headlights and drops out when the turn signal is on. Oh well. I dunno. Thanks though.

Forsakentalon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there anything hooked up to the red wire coming out of the back of the headlights now, or at any point in time?
As far as the 24v- you have one 12v battery. The only possible way to feed something 24v is if you have two 12v batteries that are wired in series. You can run 20 wires from the battery to the red wire, and it will still be 12v.
Well, in a sense it will be getting voltage from direct from the harness and from being powered through the original lighting harness. Ever see an external hard drive powered by both a USB port and a molex plug from the same psu. It was still friend from too much voltage. That is what I'm worried about doing.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It is a dual. It's a 2012. It has let me choose the turn signal as the drop. No wiring is connected to the red wire and the DRL harness is not connected. The white bar does turn on with the headlights and drops out when the turn signal is on. Oh well. I dunno. Thanks though.
If there was never anything hooked up to the red wire, then there is no possible way, even through the AlfaOBD, that the white strip on top could have been illuminated without the headlights being on. When the headlights ARE on, that strip functions as the parking lights and does exactly as you described.
Well, in a sense it will be getting voltage from direct from the harness and from being powered through the original lighting harness. Ever see an external hard drive powered by both a USB port and a molex plug from the same psu. It was still friend from too much voltage. That is what I'm worried about doing.
No, the harness is just a switch and wires. The only possible function it can serve is to deliver power from the source. USB ports and PSUs aren’t even the slightest way related in how a 12v automotive system works.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I been reading a lot of reviews on various leds and the hikari and katana seem to have great reviews. I just got in a set of katana h7, they are like $46, going to try out soon. There are a few companies online selling these $46 Katana leds for over $100 under different brand name.

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Hopefully this will become self evident but I received my hikari h7 ultra LEDs prior to my receipt of the modify street lights, the qiestion I have is the connector on the end of the driver that would connect to the bulb wiring is just two spade terminals..is that what is in the modify street lights as a direct plug and play or do I need to cut and solder or get adapters...
Got two sets one for high one for low..

Bill

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hopefully this will become self evident but I received my hikari h7 ultra LEDs prior to my receipt of the modify street lights, the qiestion I have is the connector on the end of the driver that would connect to the bulb wiring is just two spade terminals..is that what is in the modify street lights as a direct plug and play or do I need to cut and solder or get adapters...
Got two sets one for high one for low..

Bill

They are plug and play. That's just the way h7 connector is

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l

Ok haven't had h7 bulbs before and used to latch connectors on normal 9004 9005 bulbs etc,.not just two open male spade terminals..

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ok haven't had h7 bulbs before and used to latch connectors on normal 9004 9005 bulbs etc,.not just two open male spade terminals..

Same here. First time with h7.

Murphyjs6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

I absolutely love my hikaris I have the 12500lm and they put out so much light in a clean path. Word of warning they are a pain to put in. The clamp on the brights when spread hit the outer housing and can be a real pain to get back to the locking position... Removing that clamp is a different animal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
I absolutely love my hikaris I have the 12500lm and they put out so much light in a clean path. Word of warning they are a pain to put in. The clamp on the brights when spread hit the outer housing and can be a real pain to get back to the locking position... Removing that clamp is a different animal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Any hints greatly appreciated!

Bill