Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I didn't want to drill holes either, so I didn't put the caps back on at all. One headlight has a desiccant pack, one does not. Neither fogs up so far. Then again, 55w HID will produce enough heat to burn off any moisture anyway.

I am thinking about jumping to LEDs at least in High beam, and perhaps lows....knowing full well I will lose some brightness from the 55w HIDs I have currently.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The only issue running without caps, besides possible moisture issue is dust. Once you start getting dust in the housings you'll never get it out without opening them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only issue running without caps, besides possible moisture issue is dust. Once you start getting dust in the housings you'll never get it out without opening them up.

Very true

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Very true

Also, once that dust settles on the front and back of the projector lens, and inside the bowls, the heat from the lamps will bake them in and start pitting them, severely degrading the quality of light output.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I wote back to ModifyStreet and asked for more info about the adapters for trucks that have factory projectors & if the factory DRLs would be maintained without any extra wiring. I got the following back:

Dear customer,

1. The adapters were for those with stock projectors. It was for the main plugs. It has nothing to do with DRL.

2. The package come with extra wires for those who don't have stock DRL. If you already have stock DRL, then you don't need to connect these wires.

Thank you,
Axxxxx

#2 two seems to indicate that the DRLs should "just work", but since the DRL wiring is part of the main connectors on trucks with factory projectors I think I'll wait for someone with more disposable income than myself to be the guinea pig on the subject. :)

-K

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I wote back to ModifyStreet and asked for more info about the adapters for trucks that have factory projectors & if the factory DRLs would be maintained without any extra wiring. I got the following back:

#2 two seems to indicate that the DRLs should "just work", but since the DRL wiring is part of the main connectors on trucks with factory projectors I think I'll wait for someone with more disposable income than myself to be the guinea pig on the subject. :)

-K
They contacted me a few weeks ago to talk about the harness. This is what they came up with- 9jTx4Hd.jpg
I suggested they add the the dedicated DRL wire to pin 4 to plug into their red wire. He said he would pass it on, but they already had a big batch made.

Reactions: kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
They contacted me a few weeks ago to talk about the harness. This is what they came up with- 9jTx4Hd.jpg
I suggested they add the the dedicated DRL wire to pin 4 to plug into their red wire. He said he would pass it on, but they already had a big batch made.

Is that a picture they sent you or is it one that you have? It seems to be missing a connector, shouldn't there be three connectors on the light side? One LB, one HB & one Turn/Park? I only see one LB/HB style and the turn/park.

-K

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Is that a picture they sent you or is it one that you have? It seems to be missing a connector, shouldn't there be three connectors on the light side? One LB, one HB & one Turn/Park? I only see one LB/HB style and the turn/park.

-K

That's the correct layout. The left hand connector has high/low/ground and the right one will have turn/park/ground. It's designed to use the 3157 connector that is used on the modifystreet headlights.

Personally they could have used the same h13 style connector and just had you disconnect the socket from the connector for turn/park

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That's the correct layout. The left hand connector has high/low/ground and the right one will have turn/park/ground. It's designed to use the 3157 connector that is used on the modifystreet headlights.

Personally they could have used the same h13 style connector and just had you disconnect the socket from the connector for turn/park

Maybe it's just the way it's sitting, but I can only see 2 wires on the 3157 connector. From the sounds of it though, since they don't have the pin 4 wired in, the factory 'Dedicated DRL' setting will not work with these though, correct?

-K

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

-K
That’s a pic they sent me. Like 1500ram12 said, the one connector is already plugged into a bulb socket because projector headlights don’t have one to remove from the housing. It’s only lacking the dedicated DRL wire in pin 4 that would plug into the red wire out of the new housing.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Maybe it's just the way it's sitting, but I can only see 2 wires on the 3157 connector. From the sounds of it though, since they don't have the pin 4 wired in, the factory 'Dedicated DRL' setting will not work with these though, correct?

-K

It's definitely the way it's sitting.

Correct. But still could be added. Just would be a little bit of a pain

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I added some auxbeam led's in my highs and gotta say not impressed with them. Barely noticed a difference. Going to find something different to run.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

-K
One suggestion would be to see if they can send out two extra male terminals for the 14 pin connector. Then you could take the two lengths of wire with the female bullet connectors from the DRL relay harness and pin them into position 4. I can try to find those male terminals, but it’s tough because everyone sells in minimum quantity requirements. I also ended up getting rid of the bullet connectors on the DRL wires and went with the amp style single wire weatherproof connectors ( like the ones on hid lamps).

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I can try to find those male terminals, but it’s tough because everyone sells in minimum quantity requirements.

If you could that would be cool. I'd be much more confident about having access to the terminals myself than counting on the seller to include them. And who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be one of the same terminals I've already got hanging about from other projects on the truck!

-K

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you could that would be cool. I'd be much more confident about having access to the terminals myself than counting on the seller to include them. And who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be one of the same terminals I've already got hanging about from other projects on the truck!

-K
Here we go- https://www.digikey.com/product-det...-amp-connectors/963900-1/A123073CT-ND/5419545
Can’t find a seal for it, but there should be a silicone plug in that location to send the terminal through.

Reactions: kad
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I added some auxbeam led's in my highs and gotta say not impressed with them. Barely noticed a difference. Going to find something different to run.

not much difference between halogen high beams and led high beams? Or the high beams just don't make that much of a difference either way?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
not much difference between halogen high beams and led high beams? Or the high beams just don't make that much of a difference either way?

With these particular led's barely any difference. But there didn't seem to be much more light output with the highs on even with the halogens

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With these particular led's barely any difference. But there didn't seem to be much more light output with the highs on even with the halogens

The Hikari LEDs seeem to get good reviews. I have a set intended for my stock quads but I might not even bother using them, instead Ill just wait for the G2 modifystreets, an Innovited HID kit for low beam and the correct Hikari LEDs for high.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I like the Hikari one's in the lows. I don't know if the auxbeam one's just aren't as bright or if the highs in these lights aren't that great. I have a adapter coming and I'm going to see in a 9005 led fits and if it's any brighter

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the Hikari one's in the lows. I don't know if the auxbeam one's just aren't as bright or if the highs in these lights aren't that great. I have a adapter coming and I'm going to see in a 9005 led fits and if it's any brighter

No Hikari's for the high beam?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
No Hikari's for the high beam?

I wasn't paying attention when I ordered the led's for highs. I had a set of Hikaris and auxbeam in my cart and saved the wrong one's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denning