Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cool thanks, sounds like Katanas are way to go then.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool thanks, sounds like Katanas are way to go then.
I don’t think you would be disappointed.
To my eyes, they seem just a little less blue, and when shined against my garage, they have a better hot spot which projects further, at least that’s my experience.
Before I settled on the katanas in the low beam and Hikari in the high, I put one of each in the low and looked at them against the wall at the same time.

UgB4e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@1500ram12 After driving down to Florida today I noticed the left blinker only throws the error when the headlights are on. With my drls or parking lights on no error. But as soon as my low or high beams come one my left turn signal throw the "Parking Lamp Out" error...so damn annoying...I'm going to reach out to Alpharex and see if they have any suggestions. I saw in some earlier posts that another fella had the same issue and he added a resistor to the parking wire...forgive key ignorance but what and how would I accomplish this. I am debating opening up my quad OEM housings and putting in a d2s or fx-r bixenon projector. I had that setup in my 07 ram and the output was mesmerizing thank to retroshop. Any help or advice on what to try would mean the world to my OCD self!..thanks yall

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
@1500ram12 After driving down to Florida today I noticed the left blinker only throws the error when the headlights are on. With my drls or parking lights on no error. But as soon as my low or high beams come one my left turn signal throw the "Parking Lamp Out" error...so damn annoying...I'm going to reach out to Alpharex and see if they have any suggestions. I saw in some earlier posts that another fella had the same issue and he added a resistor to the parking wire...forgive key ignorance but what and how would I accomplish this. I am debating opening up my quad OEM housings and putting in a d2s or fx-r bixenon projector. I had that setup in my 07 ram and the output was mesmerizing thank to retroshop. Any help or advice on what to try would mean the world to my OCD self!..thanks yall

Do you have led parking enabled? Wiring resistors is easy. If your headlights came with a little extension harness use that to splice into. Basically one end of the resistor gets connected to the parking light wire and the other end goes to the ground wire or to a ground. That's it.

I've been considering retrofitting my quads for something to do. I have a spare set of h1 projectors and the profile pivot Hi-Lense Led highbeam projectors. If I can get my retrofitted alpharex lights dialed in I may leave the quads alone

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

UgB4e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@1500ram12 Ok man sounds good. I have the Alpharex G2 lights for Quad wiring harness. Is there a schematic or wiring diagram that would tell me which wire was for parking? I am ignorant when it comes to anything vehicle related. I give I had LED Park/Marking enabled but in an earlier post it was sent to disable that and enable led turns

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
@1500ram12 Ok man sounds good. I have the Alpharex G2 lights for Quad wiring harness. Is there a schematic or wiring diagram that would tell me which wire was for parking? I am ignorant when it comes to anything vehicle related. I give I had LED Park/Marking enabled but in an earlier post it was sent to disable that and enable led turns

What year is your truck again

UgB4e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And I noticed just a few minutes ago that the right turn signal does the error too just after alot more clicking noises

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
2018 Ram 1500

I don't recall how the little extension harness is layed out. Blue/black/white maybe. The order Doesn’t really matter. Here are the truck's connectors. All you would do is connect the extension harness to the truck's harness and to the park/turn signal socket. Then say the white on the extension harness line's up with the ground on the truck's harness, black ends up being the parking lights and blue is the turns. You'd take one end of the resistor tap into the white and the other to black. And if you needed one for the turns you'd go from blue to white.

5b1316bb3a5d577859741f8f9b04f61a.pngfbea2a330336bed0fe362bff56c2d9fd.png

Connect to the bcm and clear any codes and see if they come back.

UgB4e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@1500ram12 thanks again for your help. What resistors would I need to use or if there a harness I can buy and make this plug and play? I just texted Alpharex about the issue and am currently waiting for a response.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
@1500ram12 thanks again for your help. What resistors would I need to use or if there a harness I can buy and make this plug and play? I just texted Alpharex about the issue and am currently waiting for a response.

I used these until I figured out what worked for my truck

4Pcs Aaron 50W 6ohm Load Resistors - Fix LED Bulb Fast Hyper Flash Turn Signal Blink Error Code (Resistors get very hot during working) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L4V9ECY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_DDpnEb1NGBMK6

UgB4e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@1500ram12 This truck perplexes me. I ended up changing the voltage for the low beam to 14.0v which was the original setting. Disabled Led CHMSL and turned on LED parking/Marker now I let me truck sit for ten minutes after doing the change. Went out and fired it up and put turn signals on....no errors..I dont know if it will stay like that or not but I'll find out tomorrow. Thanks for all your help

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Here’s a picture of what I was talking about

ed0e1354be70f9939cc8a498f7bb3ce3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may be able to get that in the lower opening and and get the connections from the bulb down to it. I'm not sure how big that is compared to the Innovited hid's that people are running

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Here’s a picture of what I was talking about

ed0e1354be70f9939cc8a498f7bb3ce3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may be able to get that in the lower opening and and get the connections from the bulb down to it. I'm not sure how big that is compared to the Innovited hid's that people are running

It looks bigger but it also looks like it will fit. It looks like it's metal too. I haven't had experience with ballasts that get hot but I remember folks talking about needing to mount them with screws to metal. Is that no longer an issue with HIDs?

If heat is of no concern, I would definitely place them inside the housing so you won't need to drill any holes for the ballast wires...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It looks bigger but it also looks like it will fit. It looks like it's metal too. I haven't had experience with ballasts that get hot but I remember folks talking about needing to mount them with screws to metal. Is that no longer an issue with HIDs?

If heat is of no concern, I would definitely place them inside the housing so you won't need to drill any holes for the ballast wires...

The Innovited ballast don't really get hot. The morimoto xb55 ballast get a little warm. Not sure with those. I'd probably mount those outside. But you'll have to drill a whole in the dust cover to the run the wiring through. If you don't want to drill through the cover you can buy a set of predrilled covers from alpharex for $10 or go with led's

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The Innovited ballast don't really get hot. The morimoto xb55 ballast get a little warm. Not sure with those. I'd probably mount those outside. But you'll have to drill a whole in the dust cover to the run the wiring through. If you don't want to drill through the cover you can buy a set of predrilled covers from alpharex for $10 or go with led's

That's awesome that they offered pre-drilled covers at a reasonable price. Good to know for when I feel like fiddling with something else.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
That's awesome that they offered pre-drilled covers at a reasonable price. Good to know for when I feel like fiddling with something else.

I bought a set because the morimoto kit was to hard to get everything inside so I contacted them and ordered a pair. $10 shipped

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I bought a set because the morimoto kit was to hard to get everything inside so I contacted them and ordered a pair. $10 shipped

I think I'll get them now just to have...thanks for the tip!

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Odd issue with my G2 set: the driver side low beam projector lens popped loose! I'm currently going back and forth with AlphaRex over the issue...hopefully they'll just send me a new driver side assembly so I can swap this one out and the new one in. I tried to get pics of the lens, but it's not easy to tell thanks to reflections (chrome housing, outer lens).

Other than that, they bolted in and worked perfectly out of the box. I had the V1's in the truck prior to installing the V2s: I am running H7 LED bulbs, and have wired the DRLs into the BCM with one of Mpgrimm2's harnesses and had already changed all the settings for the BCM in AlphaOBD. No hyper-flash, the DRL functions as intended and the Aukee H7 LEDs seem brighter (whiter, and a bit further projection) than the Hikari's I had in the V1 lamps. If only the damn projector lens wasn't loose!!

Once I get this issue settled, I'll post up my "Modifystreet" branded V1 headlamps (with the Hikari LED bulbs in the highs and lows) for sale...but first I need the V2s fixed!

20200202_131946.jpg

20200202_131846.jpg