Audio LOC Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ammo2w091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed the LOC on my 3.0 radio yesterday and I tied into the rear speakers but the sound is not great barely any bass. I checked all wires and the amp and everything is in phase. Is anyone running their LOC on the front speakers? Did that help with better sound quality?

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
is it for speakers or subs? i have mine in the front for the subs and it sound good but mine is a 2012 with the alpine.

OP
OP
Ammo2w091

Ammo2w091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yea, my bad, its for subs. I have a pioneer amp with 2 10 inch subs. I would rather change the whole deck out but on a budget right now with the holidays coming.

I Got a Hemi!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi!
I'm not 100% sure about this but I keep hearing that the rear speakers are not full range. From what I've gathered it's best to take the signal from the front speakers.

OP
OP
Ammo2w091

Ammo2w091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the heads up. I have read more on it and will move the LOC to the front speaker wires and post my findings.

OP
OP
Ammo2w091

Ammo2w091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Moved the LOC to the front speakers on the uconnect 3.0 and the sound is 100% better. On the 2013 Ram 1500 express the front speaker wires are right side dark green/violet (+) and dark green/yellow (-). The left side is grey/violet (+) and grey/yellow (-). The wire diagram in the audio thread is awesome saved a ton of time. Now just have to get the word out to only install the LOC on the front door speaker wires.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been "told" but had the chance to look into it, but the trucks are suppose to be wired for the factory sub. the salesman told me its tucked away in the back in the storage bin on the pass side.

i have not checked yet, but thats what i was told.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You don't want the factory sub and amplifier. You can spend a lot less and have a lot more sound for the price of the factory crap.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are the poorest-designed systems ever. Who puts a high-pass on a 6x9 to block all mids and lows? My 13 yr-old daughter would know better. They do the same thing on the Alpine systems. They are much worse to upgrade. These systems are so frustrating.

OP
OP
Ammo2w091

Ammo2w091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been "told" but had the chance to look into it, but the trucks are suppose to be wired for the factory sub. the salesman told me its tucked away in the back in the storage bin on the pass side.

i have not checked yet, but thats what i was told.

I see your point but the dealer marks that stuff up so much I rather use my own system that I have had for 4 years now. The system is still going strong never had a failure. I had the AMP and speakers in 2 diffferent vehicles. The system is like family lol. If it aint broke dont replace it, as they say.

The best thing to do is to buy the Metra aftermarket install parts with a aftermarket head unit but for now it will work until funds come avaiable.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry you guys got me wrong. i should have clarified more.. i agree the factory stuff is crap.

what i meant to say is look in the back the wiring is there so you can grab your signal there. trust me it should be a lot better sound than using the front. before i got my ram i had a '11 durango and i went to the front speakers first, then i switched it over to the sub wires and got a 100% better response for the signal for a sub.

OP
OP
Ammo2w091

Ammo2w091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No worries, We are just passing info along. I tapped into the front speaker wires at the dash about 3 inches from the radio connector. The rear signal was crap no matter where you tapped into it. The LOC is located in the dash with the radio. Then I ran Audio RCA cable from the back of the LOC thru the back of the dash down the driver side carpet to the amp which sits under the seat out of plain sight. All my wires are hiden and it is a clean install. Wish I had taken pictures of it to show everyone how I did it. I was in a hurry and wanted it done.

FALaholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry you guys got me wrong. i should have clarified more.. i agree the factory stuff is crap.

what i meant to say is look in the back the wiring is there so you can grab your signal there. trust me it should be a lot better sound than using the front. before i got my ram i had a '11 durango and i went to the front speakers first, then i switched it over to the sub wires and got a 100% better response for the signal for a sub.

Were you ever able to confirm this harness was in the back of the crew/quad cabs? Like you mentioned it would be a lot easier to grab the signal here since I plan to mount the DSP/LOC and amps behind the seat.

electricme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I found these wires... they do exist. I can confirm, I have a picture somewhere here. However if you do not have the alpine system they are not connected to anything. sooo they are pretty much useless unless you can track them down in the wiring harness.

I wish it was that easy but it wasnt. I can not confirm that they are connected in the Alpine system either. Not sure if you have to have the factory sub for these to be connected anywhere.