Auto door lock disable...or auto unlock, help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone have the proven recipe to disable the automatic door lock feature?

Or

To make it so when you open the driver door, all door locks unlock.

I have googled, and found a few claimed door/key/seat belt sequences, but I cannot for the life of me get one to take.

I have shut off the seatbelt dinger...so I get the idea...again just cant get the stupid door locks to cooperate.

I have 4 mopar late model vehicles and this us the only one I cant figure out.

2007 ram 1500

Thanks in advance

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you have an EVIC, both are options. If not, then you need a dealer level computer hooked to it to change customer options.

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes I have an evic. Just cant get door lock options to take.

It will take the seat belt dinger adjustments.

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is what I have tried...

Will give it yet another go...

Instructions 1 Enter the drivers side of the Ram and close all of the doors to program the automatic lock feature. Engage the seatbelt to turn off the warning chime. Push the key into the ignition but do not start the truck. 2 Rotate the key from the "Lock" position to the "Run" position and then back to "Lock" without starting the truck. Repeat this procedure four times within 15 seconds. Stop with the key again in the "Lock" position. 3 Press the electronic "Lock" button on the driver-side door panel within 30 seconds of the previous step. A chime will indicate that the automatic door locks have been deactivated. Repeat these steps to reactivate the automatic locks, if desired. 4 Complete Steps 1 through 3 again to program the automatic unlock feature, pressing "Unlock" during the final step on the door panel instead of "Lock." Repeat the sequence to deactivated this feature. Hope this helps someone else..

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FINALLY figured it out. The key sequence is from off...to accessory..to run...then back off. It's that, 5 times in total the wording above had me incorrectly interpreting accessory to on...and only doing it 4 total times.

It off, acc, run, back off. X5

Then press door locks up

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes I have an evic. Just cant get door lock options to take.

It will take the seat belt dinger adjustments.
Then you don't have an EVIC, you have an OTIS. EVIC menu looks like this, note the first one on the left:

a9a6d0cd57e604eee791b4af838c2b68.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
FINALLY figured it out. The key sequence is from off...to accessory..to run...then back off. It's that, 5 times in total the wording above had me incorrectly interpreting accessory to on...and only doing it 4 total times.

It off, acc, run, back off. X5

Then press door locks up
Glad you figured it out though [emoji106]

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I just did mine a few months ago, watched a YouTube video and it worked. I seem to remover having to leave the driver door open while I was doing it. It’s weird. Glad you got it figured out

I Bleed Ram Trucks

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Then you don't have an EVIC, you have an OTIS. EVIC menu looks like this, note the first one on the left:

a9a6d0cd57e604eee791b4af838c2b68.jpg

Learn something every day. THANKS!!
I thought evic just generically meant electronic vehicle information center, where my mpg, temp, etc are. I dont have the dash menu as you posted above, but the overhead one.
I was able to however get it to work with the key sequence, opposed to a dealer. Looks like we both learned something. What's OTIS stand for?

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just did mine a few months ago, watched a YouTube video and it worked. I seem to remover having to leave the driver door open while I was doing it. It’s weird. Glad you got it figured out

I Bleed Ram Trucks
It was driving me nuts. The key was the full on/off sequence. I have 3 late model mopars and this was the only one that didnt do it out of the box lol

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Learn something every day. THANKS!!
I thought evic just generically meant electronic vehicle information center, where my mpg, temp, etc are. I dont have the dash menu as you posted above, but the overhead one.
I was able to however get it to work with the key sequence, opposed to a dealer. Looks like we both learned something. What's OTIS stand for?
That's not in the dash, dash EVIC wasn't available in the 3rd gen. This is the module in the overhead console.
OTIS = Overhead Travel Information System

Rubberneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is what worked on my 1999 Dodge Ram-
Climb into driver's seat.
Fasten seat belt.
Cycle key ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON.
Press LOCK.
Chime will sound once.
Leave key ON for 30 seconds.
Turn off key.
Start and drive truck to test.
If it still doesn't work, the procedure is the same as the same year Dakota/Durango. Go to Dakota-Durango.com. for the procedure.