Back Up Camera Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Mateush

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone, I've had my Ram now for about 3 weeks 1560 Kms on it and the Back Up Camera is just a black screen, stopped working yesterday, taking it back to the dealership this week and will let everyone know what the problem was.

spphil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had the same thing it was due to a software update. It came back up the next day.

JustJoeAKABeans

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the weird one, rear camera on while in revrse but it says rear camera system not available going for rear windows replacement Thursday for leakage will ask about camera

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi everyone, I've had my Ram now for about 3 weeks 1560 Kms on it and the Back Up Camera is just a black screen, stopped working yesterday, taking it back to the dealership this week and will let everyone know what the problem was.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have the weird one, rear camera on while in revrse but it says rear camera system not available going for rear windows replacement Thursday for leakage will ask about camera

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Stever68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares
I have a 2018 1500 Sport and my rear camera has started going out intermittently. It will work fine for a few days then one day I shift to reverse and all I get is a blue screen saying camera unavailable or I can see the guide lines but not picture just black screen.

Anyone else having issues like that?

Eric Gobr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Started having mine not switch over to the camera, when I put it in reverse. 2014 Express

Stever68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I pulled the plate off the inside of the tailgate. I found the plug for the camera not fully seated. I pushed it in and haven't had an issue since.

Carl Warren

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
5.7L hemi
I have a 2018 Longhorn and am having the same issue with the back up camera intermittently turning solid blue and freezing when you shift into drive. I've also had the issue of he Uconnect system just turning off while driving and then restarting. It has been doing this for the past three weeks. Is this a software issue that needs to have a dealer update? Thanks!

Stever68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 2018 Longhorn and am having the same issue with the back up camera intermittently turning solid blue and freezing when you shift into drive. I've also had the issue of he Uconnect system just turning off while driving and then restarting. It has been doing this for the past three weeks. Is this a software issue that needs to have a dealer update? Thanks!

I was able to fix my backup camera by removing the plate on the inside top of the tail gate. My camera plug was not fully seated. Once I pushed it all the way on I have not had any issues.

Like you my Uconnect system has just restarted on me while driving three times in the past couple of months. I have no idea why it happens. I mentioned it to my deal but if we can't recreate the issue there is nothing they can do. I did have my entire "radio" replaced because the screen was de-laminating. It did not happen before the new head unit was installed. I am wondering if another loose plug is the culprit.

Keep up posted please

Demetrius Young

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m having that same issue. I have a 2021 1500 Laramie Southwest Edition. It seems almost once a week my screen will go black when I put it in reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Alison

Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I’m having that same issue. I have a 2021 1500 Laramie Southwest Edition. It seems almost once a week my screen will go black when I put it in reverse.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison

Ram Cares

Over The Hill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 2018. 2021
Engine
Eco-Diesel, 5.7 Hemi
Just had my 2021 Laramie 4 week and same issue. Also last week entire screen went black. Stayed black after repeated starts hoping computer would reset. Started pushing radio off button about 20 times and it came back on. Hasn't happened again. YET?

PJRNM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Add me to the list....
I'll have to check the tailgate plug.

dieseldan723

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Last week, when my son was driving my new truck, he said there was a message stating that the cameras were not available while trying to park the truck. They started working again after a a restart. Concerning...

ThomasStreb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L V8
Check the connector that is in the tailgate there should be a little panel. Mine was doing the same thing and one of the connection came loose.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello @Over The Hill, @dieseldan723, and @PJRNM.
We're sorry to hear about these concerns regarding your vehicle's backup cameras. Should you decide to address this matter with your local Ram dealer, please let us know! We would love to step in and offer additional support alongside a dealer appointment. Send us a PM to get started!

Hannah
Ram Cares

Over The Hill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 2018. 2021
Engine
Eco-Diesel, 5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, been off for some time. I will keep this in mind when I get ready to take it in. Camera thing steadly going south

PJRNM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I disconnected and reconnected the plug in tailgate to the camera. Seems fixed for now. Fingers Crossed.....