Back Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fulltimerart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to put a pass thru window in my standard cab and understand it has to be done by a glass shop because of the way the window is installed, but, does anyone know if the center section of the glass could be cut out of the original window ----I would fabricate a lexan slider-----or is the glass the type that would shatter if you try to cut it? Strange question I know, but with all the knowledge on this forum there is a good chance of finding out. Thanks in advance, Art

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I want to put a pass thru window in my standard cab and understand it has to be done by a glass shop because of the way the window is installed, but, does anyone know if the center section of the glass could be cut out of the original window ----I would fabricate a lexan slider-----or is the glass the type that would shatter if you try to cut it? Strange question I know, but with all the knowledge on this forum there is a good chance of finding out. Thanks in advance, Art
It's tempered glass so it would shatter.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
It can be done DIY but it is a pain. I had the back glass replaced on my 96 1500 RCSB by a shop. They did a sub-standard job and the window leaked after a year. I pulled it out, got new butyl tape and primer at the auto body supply shop and reinstalled it myself working in the driveway. The hardest part of the job is removing the old glass and now I think Harbor Freight has a glass removal tool that might work. Its worth a look.