Bad Fuel pump or TIPM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2012 ram 1500 5.7 will have trouble starting. It’ll give me trouble when I head to work or leave work, it’ll crabk non stop 2-3 times then start. It’ll start up no issue when warmed up. I’ve seen on here it could a fuel pump relay or hopefully not my TIPM. It has spark and the battery is brand new and cranks strong just won’t start.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Google bypass TIPM relay fuel pump ram truck, there are a bunch of youtubes on it. Fairly easy to bypass fuel relay at TIPM, just make sure you use the cig lighter relay and not one that stays hot. They also sell a test wire for this to test fuel pump TIPM connection. If you cant find it let me know... Once you bypass it and that corrects your issue, you can fix TIPM not easy but doable, or replace it, or leave it bypassed.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the timp winds up being bad after you test it using the bypass its not that hard to fix to be honest watch the video posted above. I did mine 4 years ago still runnin great.

Defender6320

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2011 Ram 1500 5.7L 4x4 has began to do the same thing.The engine will spin over but will not start. Then all of a sudden it will start after several times trying. This kinda tells me its an electrical issue and not the pump itself going bad. So I'm going to attempt to jump the relay and see what happens. Thanks for the information on this issue everyone.

andressolanolopez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine did that couple of years ago did a bypass now it’s doing it agin it keeps saying p0339 crankshaft sensor but when I changed it already three times now still just cranks but doesn’t start I think my tipm box when bad or could be wiring harness ?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine did that couple of years ago did a bypass now it’s doing it agin it keeps saying p0339 crankshaft sensor but when I changed it already three times now still just cranks but doesn’t start I think my tipm box when bad or could be wiring harness ?
I would check the wiring have someone with a good scanner take a look at it can see if its getting signal.