Battery Isolator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ashman155

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had to get a battery isolater for my Ram 2500 2018,as I bought a Truck Camper, as i went to the dealer to have it installed the service writer at first didn't understand what I was talking about. I told them let me get the part and I will show you. They told me parts are at the next counter, I said no I don't need the parts counter I HAVE THE PART, let me show you. So I go get the part showed the service writer, they said "OH" , just a minute. They go to the back get a service tech and told me that's over kill for what I needed. The fellow explained to me it was a solenoid that had to be changed on the starter so that my camper would not kill my truck battery, I had this issue before many moons ago when I first had a truck camper and the camper drained my battery. So I had this installed at the dealer. I was told by the parts person this what I wanted in reality it was the solenoid on the starter to which they had the part and installed it. I guess the long and short of it is why is this not coming right from the factory with the tow package, whether or not you have a truck camper. Apparently i was told that Ford already has this item on their trucks, so why not Ram/Dodge do the same thing, a $10 part from what I read in the work order, but by the time you include labour total cost was $260. I think this is ridiculous, but oh well it was done so that I don't have any issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank