Battery size equal to a h7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terry3blue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
What other size batteris fit. I know a 94r does but I was looking for a optima yellow top to replace my factory by the way only had 25k on it in a 2016 model.

4x4x4door

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Most will tell you Optima are not the quality they used to be. I just replaced mine with AGM's from Advanced Auto. Got a bangin deal online with 25% off and 2 separate purchases ... $146 each. Mine's a 16 too with 58k miles.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Terry3blue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have been reading up on them and a lot of people have said same thing. Father has a tractor that a optima has been in for 13 yrs and he hardly ever runs it. But I'm ma go with a different brand after some of the newer reviews.

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
A little late to the party, but I just purchased 2 Autocraft Platinum AGM from Advanced Auto. 3 year free replacement, 850CCA, 140min reserve. 194.99 each, but I ordered online for in-store pick up, and got $50 off my order. Not quite as good money wise as 4x4x4door, but close.

OP
OP
T

Terry3blue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
A little late to the party, but I just purchased 2 Autocraft Platinum AGM from Advanced Auto. 3 year free replacement, 850CCA, 140min reserve. 194.99 each, but I ordered online for in-store pick up, and got $50 off my order. Not quite as good money wise as 4x4x4door, but close.

That's exactly what I did.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Only a few battery manufacturers.
Most USA retail batteries are Exide, Johnson Controls, East Penn.

There are others, no doubt,. Again, talking most batteries people can find.
I just bought a new battery for my 2014 truck and could not find an Odyessy, by Enersys, anywhere within 200 miles of my states capital city.

Who makes which store brand changes almost yearly too.

Diehard, Interstate, Everstart, Superstart, Autostart, DUralast, whateverthehell fanboy?
Well, could have been Exide, one year. Johnson Controls another.

look at the hazmat spec sheet. Read between the lines. Look for the made in country of origin.
Like Poker, there are "tells"

Autolast shown here is made in korea.
That would mean it is most likely a Delkor.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why exactly do you want to know why a different battery will fit? Are you running alot of electrical stuff? Stereo? Cause if so, you shouldn't be looking to upgrade your batteries.. you should look at the alternator.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I had to replace mine already as well, just 3 years old...went AGM for the extra life. Just get an H7 AGM battery and you'll be set.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Another Advance Auto purchase with 25% off, though the store manager just gave me the discount so I didnt have to do the online purchase store pickup thing.

My truck had 48k miles and around 42 months on them.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Ouch!!! I guess my 2016 with 40k is about to die anytime. Remember when batteries would last 6-10 years?!? As everybody is seeing, about 3-4yrs is about all they are worth anymore. :(

NormB

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7L TD
Had a 2007 HHR for over nine years with the original AC Delco battery. Died the week we decided to trade it in for another car so I got some $85 special from Advanced auto.

I’ve owned a HMMWV and several military gensets for over 3 years.

I “invested” in yellow tops for one of the gensets and the hummer.

I have since had to have 3 batteries refunded (amazon.com), had a replacement sent for one, bought new for two (in for a penny, in for a pound). I too know of people - Alaska for one - who have had Optimas working for them for close to 20 years.

I’m not that lucky.

Went out to start the truck this AM and *click*. Got a “check 4WD system” warning. Weird. Friend (who owns a 5 year old Ram, his second or third, I think) came over w/ a NOCO starter box and jumped the engine.

Drove it to his shop and a battery’s dead (Snap-On tester), showing 3% capacity. Other one’s showing 113% rated capacity. 10 volts. Probably shorted internally. Luckily he had a spare.

This was a 16 month old battery (truck was built in 10/2017, sold new/fielded 02/2018, Enterprise fleet rental. I bought it Christmas eve, it sat on the lot for over two months. Thought I was getting a great deal on it.

So I’m still under 3/36 electric warranty and will contact dealer Tuesday AM (work schedule’s messed up) for a new battery.

I’ll let you know how this works out.

But that deal at advanced auto looks good, so do the duracell batteries.

How come Energizer’s not in the game?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep us posted about your dealer experience. My truck might be in a similar state... Truck was built in September 2016 I purchased it in October 2017.

Was getting slow cranks after cold weather recently, put my trickle charger in it and after it was done analyzing the charge was down to 75%. Not great for a 1 year old battery!

I'm trickle charging it now and will check the water levels in the cell tomorrow, maybe they are low.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk