BBK shorty headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrasherAsher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just installed bbk shorty headers and I have to say they were worth every penny ($350). The install took some time about 6 hours but I am no mechanic. They sound great and I do notice a difference on petal response and bottom end torque.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did the same a few years ago and just now am i starting to have an issue. Ill admit its probably something i did and not the product but they keep coming loose at the collectors. Only on passenger side though. Ive tightened it several times but it eventually comes back. Overall for the price i cannot complain but i do plan on upgrading to LT's here in the very near future. Just cant seem to make up my mind on cats or no cats. Did you wrap them? I wrapped and it was a nightmare. An itchy nightmare!

OP
OP
CrasherAsher

CrasherAsher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes I wrapped mine, I used the titanium wrap not the fiber glass. So I didn't have to worry about it being itchy. And so far all my bolts are holding up. But there is a company out there I think its called super 8. They make header bolts with fastners so they can't back out.

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I wrapped mine, I used the titanium wrap not the fiber glass. So I didn't have to worry about it being itchy. And so far all my bolts are holding up. But there is a company out there I think its called super 8. They make header bolts with fastners so they can't back out.
Super 8 is a hotel they're called stage 8 lol

Samdaman904_Ram_Rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a question everybody running the BBK headers are you running the OEM gaskets seals or the ones that are designed for the headers itself that they offer on the website. I keep on getting gasket leaks every couple years with the BBK header gaskets seals, I am curious who is running the BBK headers with the OEM header gasket seals and if you haven't had any leaks on the headers? Since installing the OEM header gasket seals with the BBK headers?

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a question everybody running the BBK headers are you running the OEM gaskets seals or the ones that are designed for the headers itself that they offer on the website. I keep on getting gasket leaks every couple years with the BBK header gaskets seals, I am curious who is running the BBK headers with the OEM header gasket seals and if you haven't had any leaks on the headers? Since installing the OEM header gasket seals with the BBK headers?
Buy remflex 6022 gaskets

sgtryanusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I gotta see where my BBK shorties are leaking. Installed 2 yes ago. BBK says use ARP hardened bolts. Spoke to them today.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe a redundant question but do these BBK shorts bolt right up to the stock pipes on each side ?

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
JR, Shortys bolt up just like those awful cast iron manifolds. Other than gaskets, you don't have to change anything. I replaced my manifolds BEFORE any of the bolts broke. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I've read where you pick up a little HP with Shortys; around 20 HP with a CAI, and a tune. But I can't verify that. I could never detect and difference. The big reason I went to Shortys is to never have the hassle of broken bolts.

Everybody can do what they want. But to my ears almost all loud exhausts sound like a four letter S word. I don't want the attention, and I don't need to mark my territory.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
JR, Shortys bolt up just like those awful cast iron manifolds. Other than gaskets, you don't have to change anything. I replaced my manifolds BEFORE any of the bolts broke. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I've read where you pick up a little HP with Shortys; around 20 HP with a CAI, and a tune. But I can't verify that. I could never detect and difference. The big reason I went to Shortys is to never have the hassle of broken bolts.

Everybody can do what they want. But to my ears almost all loud exhausts sound like a four letter S word. I don't want the attention, and I don't need to mark my territory.
Thanks @RLJ10X you answered that perfectly for me. Im towing an enclosed trailer to PA and was looking to give the 5.7 some performance increase if I dont trade her for a Cummins first.

sgtryanusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I gotta see where my BBK shorties are leaking. Installed 2 yes ago. BBK says use ARP hardened bolts. Spoke to them today.
Oh boy! It was my lucky day! I discovered the most Aft passenger side header bolt was walking out and was not broken. I could just barely believe it. All others in tact and look great. Got about a qtr turn on each collector bolt. Crazy! She quiet now! I was ready to kick her *** outta here. We good now!
Has anybody ever seen any mention of a thread locker for these? May be a terrible idea but then maybe just a low strength application would help.
I wish yall some of this luck!