BDBall no longer supports remote start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raminal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A few months ago I got a 2012 1500. While looking into remote starters I came across the DIY with the BDBall unit. So I bought the BDBall unit, ordered the plug and play harness, and also bought the XKLoader2 so I wouldn't have to bother with buying a "flashed" BDBall unit that wasn't actually flashed. I read stories how people buy them flashed but they're not properly flashed. I THOUGHT I'd save the headache by buying the programming tool myself.

Anyways, it's all here and ready to go but when I go to the website to get the firmware to flash the BDBall, I get a million warnings from the site that say the 3LockRemoteStart is no longer supported since October 1st. I flashed my unit, properly programmed my key, but the unit won't start the truck. 7 red flashes.

Does anyone here have the old firmware that still supports the remote start? I'm pretty pissed off right now as I bought all this stuff and the company CAN still offer remote start for my BDBall, but choose not to in the hopes I'll buy some other product.

Please help.

MikeG_2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am in the same boat as you my friend. Also looking for older firmware or possible other options.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hopefully u guys find someone who can copy/email u that firmware. In this instance I would post on every ram forum you can find

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are several posts here about the Directed DB-all system. They mention at least two different Ebay sellers. Contact one of them or check their ebay store to see what they're selling instead of the Directed DB-all. The most popular seller was Doug.

OP
OP
R

raminal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks everyone. Glad to hear I'm not the only one (sorry Mike), and glad people are here to help. I'll go ahead and post on other forums and try to contact doug. Will report back soon.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I had just installed my remote start from doug but use the directed new system which is the 3 lock remote and this was just last month.

The older system is not supported but the new system is.

BigSexyBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 dodge ram quad express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do we get this new system?

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Same dude as above.

OP
OP
R

raminal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not trying to troll and bring up a dead thread, I'm just posting to close out the thread.

But yeah, I ordered everything for the DBall2 (T-harness, and programmer) and I'm in the middle of returns through amazon. So far each seller has been kind but I won't hold my breath until money is back in my account.

Express are a-holes and after a few attempts to contact them I never heard anything back. Not even a quick e-mail telling me to shove off and that they don't support 3xstart on the DBall anymore. I'll never recommend their products, ever. Bad customer service is one thing, but to screw over customers looking to save a buck and then not even offer any service at all? Just nasty.

Even though I'll never recommend express, I did however buy the newer module through the ebay seller Doug. ***Mainly because he was so helpful and not to support express***. He went out of his way to look for the DBall firmware even though I didn't buy from him. So after all his help, I bought his remote starter kit.

In short, express are the biggest a-holes on the planet, please avoid. If you need to buy, buy from Doug on e-bay. It'd would have saved me. Almost 3 months and I'm still dealing with the headaches caused by the a-holes at express.