Bed anchor point ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Guys,

I’m just wondering what people have come up with to add extra anchor points to the beds on our trucks. I’ve searched online, and there are a lot of things specific to later model trucks, but I don’t see anything specific to 2nd Gens.

I like the style of the factory lower anchor points on the rear of our beds, but wish there was another pair about 10” higher. I have seen the aftermarket ones that go into the stake pockets, but I see no need for them when the stake pockets can already serve the same purpose. I’d also like a pair just behind my tool box and another pair halfway between the box and the tailgate. The ones in the bottom front of the bed are rendered nearly useless with a toolbox over them.

I’d love to see pics of what others have installed.

rockinreel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
I just ordered these from a similar post on this thread. I just ordered 1 set as I have that upper bed bracket in the front near the cab that they say will not fit those brackets. From what I've read, you have little wiggle room on the thickness of the hole. So with the added bracket thickness, the bullrings won't fit. They explain it on their website.
https://www.bullringusa.com/product/ram-bullet-1066/

OP
OP
Spike95

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just ordered these from a similar post on this thread. I just ordered 1 set as I have that upper bed bracket in the front near the cab that they say will not fit those brackets. From what I've read, you have little wiggle room on the thickness of the hole. So with the added bracket thickness, the bullrings won't fit. They explain it on their website.
https://www.bullringusa.com/product/ram-bullet-1066/
I see those are listed for 4th Gen Dodges. Are you installing them on a 2nd Gen? And do you have pics of the bracket you are talking about?

rockinreel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
Oops, I didn't notice this was a 2nd Gen question only, but if you look around that web site you will see they carry lots of model years of brackets.
I installed them this weekend on my 4th Gen Ram. The pics in the link are the exact ones I installed

Last edited: