Bedliner + runningboards side-steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash8308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking for the most cost effective bed liner. I know this is probably a hotly debated topic and there have probably been endless threads about it which is why i am asking now because old threads don't mean anything when new tech comes on the market.

anyways, I want something durable but not harsh like some spray in bed liners look durable but they also look like they could scratch furniture and such. I am also not a fan of doing "permanent" things to stuff I own in case in need to revert back. So, i am wary of spray-in bed liners but i also don't want to get a standard one that will come loose and flap around after a while.

Should I have a professional install a bed liner? are there easy ones to install yourself that don't suck?

Also looking for running boards... I think the most useful ones are the straight ones and not the individual steps because then you can get into the bed of your truck and tie things down easier. But, I have no idea what brands are good quality/easy to install..

any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BedRug or BedTred.

I like my GoRhino Extreme OE steps (AutoAnything). The install is easy, and much better mounting system than Mopar bars (no Rivnuts!). I wouldn't want to put their posted 300# limit to the test though.

cocodemillz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got a Line-X bed liner installed. Heard great things about them from friends so I gave it a try. Could not be happier with the installation. Uniform spray all around and has a great texture. I'll post in a couple months about durability.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
since you don't want permanet a bed rug is a great option

i have the oem step bars and am happy with them

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm taking my truck in on Monday to get the spray in Line-X bed liner done. They quoted me $475 including the liner and labor. If you do decide to go permanent I think line-x would be a great option. Like coco posted above me, I've heard great things about the line-x. It comes with a lifetime warranty and (at least at the Line-X shop I'm going to) they offer two different kind of liners...a smooth one or a more rough textured one that will keep stuff from sliding around in the bed alot.

So you would be able to get the smooth one which wouldn't damage furniture like you stated. Just my 2 cents!

CaliDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't want to be permanent, a bed rug is the best way to go. Decently durable but easy to take out if you want to revert it back.

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My setup is meant to be temporary until I can afford something much nicer and here is what I have...

Depending on how much you want to spend, I recommend a good drop in plastic liner. Your local camper shell/lid store will have one or you can get one from Dodge that has an emblem etc. They run about $300. The last one I had lasted several years. They drop in and have a piece to cover the tail gate and the front edge of the bed below the back window. It also has plastic ridges that keep anything you have in there from getting wet as long as it's not in more than an inch of water. It's easy to clean etc. Things you put in the back will slide around easy which is both a good and bad thing. I went to PepBoys and picked up a bed mat that keeps things in place that are just sitting there. That cost $80 bucks and you can cut it to fit most bed lengths.

It's easy, effective, fairly cheap and very temporary.

Ebay has tons of step bars. Depending on what you want they will run from $175 up to $1200 for power steps. I purchased a set of black Aries step bars for $208 shipped. I plan on getting power steps as soon as I sell my old wheels and tires because in my opinion the power steps are the best. You can walk on the entire step, they look better and don't take away from ground clearance.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited:

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Update for you crash8308...had my Line-X installed and I absolutely recommend it if you want to spend the money. It was $500 total after the taxes and labor and everything. I couldn't be happier with how it looks and how the install went. Took 2 hours from start to finish.