Beep beep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sydbarringer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Sitting here after supper with the windows open, 57 degrees outside. The Ram goes beep beep. No key fob in my pocket. Nobody fooling with the truck. Trying to find an answer in the manual. Any ideas?

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
Only time my truck beeps is when I press against something with the FOB in my pocket. its annoying at times, I cant get both buttons to push when the hand, yet in a pocket up against a counter or tail gate... beep beep, varroom, it starts up.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I've accidentally set off my alarm just by leaning over with the fob in my pocket.

But get it to start with just 2 presses of the button? Not always, sometimes it takes 3 or 4.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
But get it to start with just 2 presses of the button? Not always, sometimes it takes 3 or 4.
It seems i too have been having that issue.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Only time my truck beeps is when I press against something with the FOB in my pocket. its annoying at times, I cant get both buttons to push when the hand, yet in a pocket up against a counter or tail gate... beep beep, varroom, it starts up.

Same here!

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had something like that happen to my truck. Panic alarm sounded. After I stopped it I figured out what happened. My wife triggered the fob in her purse and didn't realize it. Does your wife have a fob too?

OP
OP
sydbarringer

sydbarringer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I had something like that happen to my truck. Panic alarm sounded. After I stopped it I figured out what happened. My wife triggered the fob in her purse and didn't realize it. Does your wife have a fob too?

yessir, but it's just sitting there. Hasn't been touched or moved recently.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
ha ha ha....

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
Where is the spare key? The backup? I keep mine in a drawer in the kitchen. Maybe someone put something on top of it to trigger THAT key FOB?

Otherwise, the most likely culprit is that you parked it near a little pink Mack. Gosh, she's probably got pretty mud flaps and talk about stacked...they're both chromed. ("Hello, I'm a Truck")

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Where is the spare key? The backup? I keep mine in a drawer in the kitchen. Maybe someone put something on top of it to trigger THAT key FOB?

Otherwise, the most likely culprit is that you parked it near a little pink Mack. Gosh, she's probably got pretty mud flaps and talk about stacked...they're both chromed. ("Hello, I'm a Truck")

I haven't heard that song in ages...I think I have it on vinyl somewhere. Just no way to play it.