Before Collinite 845?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Decided to order a bottle and got it in today. I'm good on the application process. Before I go experimenting different polishes on panels, looking to see what everyone is applying prior to adding it on.

I also saw mixed reviews on applying to black vehicles as well? Any first hand input there would be appreciated.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Just wash it, that is the beauty of collonites, and 845 easy to use. I like dawn, leaves a clean surface, or course if your paint is rough at all clay it first. For paint cleaner if you want that route I like kaio or zaoi for durabilty enhancement maybe an oily paint cleaner if you are going for looks, 845 is versitile likely work with any base.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dont worry about it going on black paint. I used it on my old black Fox Body and it came out great. Plan to use it on my 13 GT this year. Make sure to warm up the bottle 1st before application. Either put it in a bucket of hot water or since you are in Florida if its hot out leave it outside in direct sunlight. When its cold it will start to turn solid. when its heated up its like water and makes it even easier to use.

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dont worry about it going on black paint. I used it on my old black Fox Body and it came out great. Plan to use it on my 13 GT this year. Make sure to warm up the bottle 1st before application. Either put it in a bucket of hot water or since you are in Florida if its hot out leave it outside in direct sunlight. When its cold it will start to turn solid. when its heated up its like water and makes it even easier to use.

Thanks Nick. That's promising to hear.

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wash it, that is the beauty of collonites, and 845 easy to use. I like dawn, leaves a clean surface, or course if your paint is rough at all clay it first. For paint cleaner if you want that route I like kaio or zaoi for durabilty enhancement maybe an oily paint cleaner if you are going for looks, 845 is versitile likely work with any base.

Thanks Burla, I definitely plan on giving it a good wash down before application. Was thinking a layer of polish first might add some extra pop and longevity if they chemically agree with one another.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Burla, I definitely plan on giving it a good wash down before application. Was thinking a layer of polish first might add some extra pop and longevity if they chemically agree with one another.

Good thinking. I am not pro detailer but what I have done and gotten great results is after my cleaning and prep I put down a sealant, then a glaze, then the 845. It gave me a great deep, glossy shine with long lasting protection.

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good thinking. I am not pro detailer but what I have done and gotten great results is after my cleaning and prep I put down a sealant, then a glaze, then the 845. It gave me a great deep, glossy shine with long lasting protection.

Looks like I'll be experimenting. Have some Meguiar's and Chemical Guys products laying around, so will see how it goes!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I usually wash, clay bar, polish if necessary, seal with Wolfgang 3.0 sealant, and let it bond for about 24 hours, then top it with the Collinite 845. It is not a pure wax so you can expect a little more longevity from it than a "normal" wax and it will make the sealant "pop" a little more and give it more depth. As Nick said you need to warm it up a little to use it and the LEAST you use the better the results. Also only do one panel at a time. You should not wax the entire truck and then go back and rub it off-----Post pictures when your done---please
Jay

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I usually wash, clay bar, polish if necessary, seal with Wolfgang 3.0 sealant, and let it bond for about 24 hours, then top it with the Collinite 845. It is not a pure wax so you can expect a little more longevity from it than a "normal" wax and it will make the sealant "pop" a little more and give it more depth. As Nick said you need to warm it up a little to use it and the LEAST you use the better the results. Also only do one panel at a time. You should not wax the entire truck and then go back and rub it off-----Post pictures when your done---please
Jay

Thanks!