Belltech 965sp 2/4 camber question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imcoldhere

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Greetings everyone. I’m debating on getting the 965sp and was wondering if anyone who has installed in could tell me how the camber/caster numbers ended up being after the install. My stock front suspension is already fairly low from spring sag and Im imagining lowering it 2” in the front will just make it worse so im basically just trying to figure out if I will actually need adjustable uppers or not. Thanks in advance.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
The only spec that might not be In the green will be caster. Camber and toe should hit factory specs.

You could have issues with tie rod ends running out of adjustment. But that is unusual.

On a 2/4 you should not need adjustable upper control arms. If you want to replace your upper control arms, look at the MaxTrac arms

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1658670456855.jpg
    FB_IMG_1658670456855.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

rpmpest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had that kit in my old quad cab and the camber was way out. Had to use adjustable ball joints to correct it, well, thats what i would have done but i sold the car as it was. Looked awesome though.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You’ll be replacing your springs with the lowering springs, you may not even get the full 2” drop on the front. It takes time for new springs to settle, so the rear may not end up 4” either for a while.
The front wheels do poke out at the bottom, I didn’t get it aligned because the Hemi tick took my 5.7 to Heaven before I had time. Now the rear wheels will be out of wack unless you use either IHC relocation kit or some adjustable arms as you mentioned. I run the relocation kit and have been very happy. No adjustments needed. Stock shocks are also fine to run with a 2/4 unless yours are shot then definitely upgrade those.

I84885

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You’ll be replacing your springs with the lowering springs, you may not even get the full 2” drop on the front. It takes time for new springs to settle, so the rear may not end up 4” either for a while.
The front wheels do poke out at the bottom, I didn’t get it aligned because the Hemi tick took my 5.7 to Heaven before I had time. Now the rear wheels will be out of wack unless you use either IHC relocation kit or some adjustable arms as you mentioned. I run the relocation kit and have been very happy. No adjustments needed. Stock shocks are also fine to run with a 2/4 unless yours are shot then definitely upgrade those.
Hello I have the BT 963ND. I read your post and was wondering will I be needing a sway bar or that relocation. Bracket I here mention alot on this forum. It will be installed on a 2017 ram crew cab

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello I have the BT 963ND. I read your post and was wondering will I be needing a sway bar or that relocation. Bracket I here mention alot on this forum. It will be installed on a 2017 ram crew cab
Yes, your cc should have a factory rear swaybar. Most all kits include this bracket. If you’re asking about the IHC relocation brackets , they’re optional, but I chose to run them to recenter the rear wheels after the drop.

I84885

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The IHC bracket that you mentioned is that the one belltech offers or some other brand

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The IHC bracket that you mentioned is that the one belltech offers or some other brand
IHC is their own company. Nobody offers the brackets except them. Illicit is out of the truck game as far as anyone can tell, which is the brand brackets I have installed and will possibly be selling soon. Some say they’re better crafted than IHC, but I can’t prove it. I got them off a member several years ago.