Best front end setup for 6 inch lift on 07 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow540

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemroid
I've been running a Rough Country 6 inch lift for about 6 months now and I'm thinking its about time to reinforce my front end a little more since I have 22x14s with 37s on the way. I'm thinking getting heavy duty Upper control arms are probably #1 on the priority list, with fresh ball joints and all that. Any other suggestions? Thanks

(Just some random pics of her for fun)

-s-3vldK.jpg vatL2ZmM.jpg

Garrett Reid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm running a similar setup on my 07 w/ a fox lift i believe (bought it with the lift installed already) rolling on 37s i think i have aftermarket upper control arms but i cant tell. im very interested to see what people say on here as i was thinking of upgrading my front end as well. Also just a thought when you put those big tires on i installed the Bully Dog Gt so unlock some power to push the 37s and i have to say it was the best investment ive made for the truck. Definitely something to look into if you havent already

OP
OP
Slow540

Slow540

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemroid
I'm running a similar setup on my 07 w/ a fox lift i believe (bought it with the lift installed already) rolling on 37s i think i have aftermarket upper control arms but i cant tell. im very interested to see what people say on here as i was thinking of upgrading my front end as well. Also just a thought when you put those big tires on i installed the Bully Dog Gt so unlock some power to push the 37s and i have to say it was the best investment ive made for the truck. Definitely something to look into if you havent already
What brand are they? I was most likely going to go with Zone as they're pretty much all I can find. Thanks

Ghostman

US Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 4x4, 2500
I would be interested in hearing some advice of the same information as well.
I was about to start a new thread post.
Getting ready to put in a 5" Zone lift on my 08 2500, 4x4, 5.7L. I want to (and need to) rebuild/replace much of the front end components, and rear end as well.
Ball joints, tie rod/ ends links, Hub bearings, anything else that I should look at... Currently all stock original, can't see that anything has been done to it and 240K miles.
So looking for what is good quality parts vs. not so good. What I should look at replacing.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be interested in hearing some advice of the same information as well.
I was about to start a new thread post.
Getting ready to put in a 5" Zone lift on my 08 2500, 4x4, 5.7L. I want to (and need to) rebuild/replace much of the front end components, and rear end as well.
Ball joints, tie rod/ ends links, Hub bearings, anything else that I should look at... Currently all stock original, can't see that anything has been done to it and 240K miles.
So looking for what is good quality parts vs. not so good. What I should look at replacing.
Carli ball joints, Y steering, Yukon axles shafts to get a bigger u joint, a steering box brace (don't really need but helps prolong the box), and finally either a stiff dual steering stabilizer or full hydro depending on your size

robdawgaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why UCA? Aftermarket UCA are to adjust for alignment. Ball joints for sure but have you heard for someone breaking a UCA??