Best Tires for Ram 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Escondido Steve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
Bridgetsone Duelers came on my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. They're worn out at 19K miles and I've ripped two sidewalls.

Looking at something with a tougher sidewalk and good winter/wet traction. I tow very little (light tractor) but do haul loads of stone, dirt and pressure-treated wood.

Looking for advice on a better tire that will hold up and maybe give me a few more miles than the Bridgestones.

Dealer offered the Nexian Roadians or the Goodyear Wranglers but it doesn't look like they're any better. Anyone find something they like?
Go on tire rack.com and compare tires with reviews

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Really depends on your usage. If you're tearing out sidewalls then go to an LT all terrain with some tread on the shoulders like the BFG AT, Cooper, falken, toyo or Nitto. I've done well with the toyo and my ridge grapples are good so far. Be aware that fuel economy will suffer though as they weigh a fair bit. I run the ridge grapples in the summer and muddy seasons because anything lighter duty I get punctures and separation, but in the winter I run regular light truck snows because the roads are frozen and smoother without issue. I notice a solid 2 mpg difference in fuel economy between them.

Govtman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bridgetsone Duelers came on my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. They're worn out at 19K miles and I've ripped two sidewalls.

Looking at something with a tougher sidewalk and good winter/wet traction. I tow very little (light tractor) but do haul loads of stone, dirt and pressure-treated wood.

Looking for advice on a better tire that will hold up and maybe give me a few more miles than the Bridgestones.

Dealer offered the Nexian Roadians or the Goodyear Wranglers but it doesn't look like they're any better. Anyone find something they like?
Look for a 10ply in your size with good siping for wet/snow grip. I just went up to 305/55r20s on my 2019 BigHorn. Now my speedometer is correct.

Bandit1859

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2019 Laramie 4X4 with the same tires. I don't expect a lot out of stock tires. But at 15,000 miles very little sign of wear. How did yours wear out at 19,000. Burn outs, donuts? Just curious.
Mine has 24500 starting to show some early signs of wear might get 40 45000 from them. Decent tires though

DiabeticSith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know Goodyear aren't favored here but I've got Trailrunner ATs and I love them. Look good, sound good. Decent price, nice tread and 55000 mile warranty.
I just wore down my Trailrunners and put on a set of Duratracs. Had Duratracs on my PRO4-X before my Ram. Things never let me down.

Mike_in_SC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Goodyear Wanglers came with my 2018 1500. They lasted 40,000 miles.. I put on Cooper Evolution H/T’s on about 12,000 ago and they’ve been great. We live in Charleston SC so pretty much no snow, quite a bit of rain, very hot, crappy roads. Mixed use street and highway, occasionally tow a 5,400lb camper.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
Best money spent.
I put these on my RAM at 10K, I have them on my Grand Cherokee and I put them on my Range Rover.
These are so perfect. My RAM handles like a sport car. They grip like suction.
There reviews say it all.
I had them on my last truck that got totaled. I just couldn't afford them for my current truck. They were great tires.

AwesomeLaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter V8 Hemi MDS VVT

I recommend General Grabber AT tires. Have had them for years and I recommend them too

Rod Powell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
Best money spent.
I put these on my RAM at 10K, I have them on my Grand Cherokee and I put them on my Range Rover.
These are so perfect. My RAM handles like a sport car. They grip like suction.
There reviews say it all.
Plus 1 ^^^^ on the Michelin LTX's.

Have them on my '17 CCSB, 4W/D. Replaced the OEM Badyears at about 22,000 miles.

Little hills here in North Alabama, extremely poor wet road performance on ANY paved incline.

Now have over 30,000 miles on the LTX' s, showing little if any wear. Ride like a dream.

Expensive, but we'll worth it, IMHO.

Good luck with your choice.

Roger3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My stock Bridgestone are at 46k on a 2020 1500 , will probably go to 70k. I recently stopped rotating because of multiple tire plugs per tire. I had to buy a Michelin the 5th day after purchase . That one will out perform/ last longer no question and doesn’t pick up as many screws lol

Bj Binette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I see guys doing burnouts and taking off at green lights I always tell my wife "that's the kind of guy that leaves bad reviews about his tires wearing out quick". Ripped sidewalls huh lol
On one of my Jeeps I had Coopers AT3s which were quiet and wore really well but sucked in sbow. They do look good though.

jlowder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel 3.0
I have BF Goodrich T/A K02 LT275/60R20. 55K on tires and have 1/3 to 1/3 tread left. They have been great D rated tires. Quite and good tread.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Discount TGire has he best option for your truck - and I have these on two of my RAMS. It is the Pathfinder A/T. Made by Hankook right here in the USA. Great tires, sturdy, strong, sdquiet riding, great tration and btw a really good price on them Can not go wrong with these. Good luick.

Brett R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

RT1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Michelin LTX have been my favorite so far. Don't waste money on the goodyears, after 20k one of them will wear badly even with rotations. Coopers are nice buy currently have used oversized Michelin for past 4 years and still comfortable ride.

Brett R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Michelin LTX A/T2. I have 38000 miles and still really good tread. Very good ride also.

Gussers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crummy stock tires wore out at around 30k on my '14 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab. I replaced them with the Falken Wildpeak AT3 and have been very pleased. They've gone through multiple snow seasons here in New England as well as light off road and some beach driving in Outer Banks. The truck is now at 73k and they still have life left. I'm going to replace with the same tire whenever these finally wear out. The biggest thing is they've been relatively quiet and smooth on the highway. I did have to rebalance them after a few thousand miles as folks suggested. After that, just regular rotations have kept them wearing evenly. Very, very happy.

As for your comments about sidewalls, these tires were roughly 44lbs each when I bought them (if I recall correctly). I had the chance to check them out before they were mounted and the sidewalls are THICK. They've had their fair share of scrapes and pokes and they don't show any damage yet.

After buying mine, a buddy mounted them on his Toyota and had similar praise. Very good value for the money. At the time, I puchased them from Walmart online. Free shipping to store and then mount and balance for about $20/tire with lifetime road-hazard and rotation. I think they were about $650 Out the Door. They've gone up in price, but I'd still go that route again. Just make sure they are sold by Walmart, not a 3rd party, then have them shipped to store free. Make sure that store has a tire center. Take all the money you saved and get the alignment done somewhere else... Firestone maybe?

PJ Snyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Bridgestones have 33k and are showing wear. I am hoping for 45k, gonna be tight. I would like a tire that would go 60k. I do nothing but highway, never in snow. People tell me the Coopers and Toyo's are good. I have had a bad experience with Yokohama's.
BFG KO2