Big 3/4 upgrade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ol2090

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am planning on doing an audio upgrade to my 2015 Ram 1500. 8.4 Uconnect base 6 speaker system. I want to upgrade all my power and ground wires. So my question is where are all the wires located that I need to work with?

RobertMcColl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Big 3 is easy... Top of alt is the positive...take 1/0 gauge to position on battery. Take a negative form he chassis of the alt to the frame. I undid one securing alt bolt and put my lug in there. Then a short negative from negative on battery to frame. Job done. use 1/0 OFC wire

Dark Knight 500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone have any thoughts on using on of the pre made kits from www.jeepcables.com
I was thinking the newer JK kit that specifies the pentastar, since the electrical system would be kinda similar to that of the Ram.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just to add to the advice above,it also doesn't hurt to upgrade or piggyback another hot feed from the battery to the fuse box. Years ago there was a long thread over on RamforumZ about this,some guys claimed they seen an increase in milege after upgrading the hot feeds and the grounds on the trucks. A few of us went overboard as we ran an extra ground to the lug behind the battery,then ran piggyback grounds to both fender grounds from it ,and ran a ground from the back of the frame to the bottem of the box. I never noticed any milege increases,but i did notice the heater and headlights seem to work better,plus my tailgate lock worked better after grounding the box to the frame.