Big Red over time (pic heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Since most of my mods have been done over time (and I haven't photographed everything) and were posted here and there, I figured I'd do an all at once with some pictures.

Bone stock when I got it Nov 2005 with 28,000 miles (except for the tires, the crap GY LS 275/55/20's had to GO. 305/50/20 GTII's much better.

P5010094edit.jpg

Next was a programmer, then the CAI and Shorty wires.

P9220034.jpg

Then came the catback.

P9230035.jpg

I decided I liked the long overhead console with the sunglass storage, so I put one in along with an EVIC upgrade...this was also about the time I started collecting SRT interior pieces (door pins, dash bezel). I performed the TMR delete mod about this time as well.

IMAG5299.jpg

A while went by while I researched & collected parts to convert the front to SRT-10 brakes, springs & shocks...patience paid off, as I didn't spend nearly as much $$ as everyone told me I would. I also decided to remove the splash guards.

DSC00299.jpg

One PCS transfer later and a deal fell into my lap - Dana 60. Took the better part of a year before I got that put in. 4.56 gears and a custom driveshaft.

DSC01386.jpg

Decided to get rid of the nerf bars that came with them, sold them to a guy i worked with and they went right on to another 3G Ram (an 02). Before & after. Installed a bumper grille shortly thereafter.

DSC01113.jpg

I think partially because of the TMR mod and partially because of my aggressive driving style, OD went out on the trans. Time for a new trans. Anyone who knows Daking, I ended up with one of his ready "spares" that was a heavy duty rebuild with a shift kit and a deep pan. Since the trans had to come out, a Circle D 2800 went back in with the replacement. A 1 ton trans cooler also went on the front to complete the ensemble.

DSC01047.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

I still have a bunch of stuff to do to it. As of right now I have an SRT hood (needs to be painted, got it for a steal though), a Daytona lip and running boards, comp 260 with springs and 06+ coil conversion all sitting in the garage waiting to be put in. Sucks when you can't really rip into your daily driver too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
wow, lots of goodies done here. Looks great!

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome truck!! Those SRT brakes were the best mod I ever did to my 05. So much better stopping power.

OP
OP
HemiLonestar

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Awesome truck!! Those SRT brakes were the best mod I ever did to my 05. So much better stopping power.

Agreed

Nice job!!! Might I ask how you did the srt brake mod??

Sent from my ADR6350

You need spindles from an SRT truck. Keep in mind this will change your front end alignment specs (more perf handling oriented). I got mine from a guy selling a set of calipers. He mistakenly listed 2 brand new 05-06 calipers (the really big fixed 4 pistons) as 04's, which most people don't want. I got them for like $200, plus he had the spindles from the truck that caught fire for another $200. You HAVE to change spindles as the stock ones won't allow the calipers to bolt on, much less give you the clearance needed for the massive rotors. I also put in the stiffer front coil springs and Bilsteins. For a 5300 lb boat she handles pretty decent. The SRT rear brakes CAN be adapted to work on a 9.25, but it's kind of an assed up setup; you won't be able to use the bigger rotors (so only part of the pad actually contacts the rotor) and you cannot swap end plates without fabrication. So finding a stronger axle for future mods with 4.56's and the ability to use the SRT rear brakes made getting the Dana 60 totally worth it for me (plus it was only like $700).

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Man, that thing looks good! Lots of really good work and the way it looks lots to come

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
you have the best, most cost effective, well thought out build I think I have ever seen. So well done. Congrats man, and cant wait to see what else makes it way onto your truck.

OP
OP
HemiLonestar

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Haven't done any real mods lately but this; 45° oil filter adapter. Makes for less messy oil changes.

DSC01396.jpg

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I have eyed that booger down for a while now............that paired with an oil drain valve (Fumoto) and you are golden!

I can't remember if those fit the 4th gens or not though...

great mod there

OP
OP
HemiLonestar

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
you have the best, most cost effective, well thought out build I think I have ever seen. So well done. Congrats man, and cant wait to see what else makes it way onto your truck.

Thank you, I wanted to get the suspension and brakes where I wanted them before doing anything major to the engine itself. It handles exceptionally well for a truck (even without a rear sway bar) the size of a destroyer and the brakes will face plant you into the windshield if you aren't belted in. Since I don't want to hack up my harness for the 06+ coils until I do the PCM conversion, it'l be a toss up between the cam (have every thing for it but time) or the hood (need $$ to get it painted) to go on next.

OP
OP
HemiLonestar

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I finally got around to seeing what the gear change and converter got me 1/4 mile wise (roughly). Back in Jan last year I got this:

0118112107.jpg

14.85 @ 90

Now it is:

1224121852.jpg

14.77 @ 90 with a whole lotta wheelspin. Launch technique still needs some work. Looks like she gets to 60 in about 6 sec flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.