Bilstein 2.8???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neal13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok guys. I really need some help. Can’t decide on Bilstein 5100 level of 2.1 or 2.8 for front. I have the Zone UCA’s for front and Zone 1.5” taller spring for rear. I still want to retain some of the rake stock trucks have (maybe not quite as much) solely for pulling a trailer every once in awhile, hate the sag of pulling a trailer.
Can everybody/anybody post up some pics of their Bilstein Level (with rear increase possibly too)!
Thanks guys!!

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
16495125-9FEE-45E3-993F-8892803000A8.jpeg I went 2.8” with 1.5” steel spacers in the rear. I retained a 3/4” rake and I love it!!

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bils @ 2.8 with Zone uppers and Maxtrac 1.5 rear spacers

t.jpg

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
3 nice black trucks right there ^^^

ok guys. I really need some help. Can’t decide on Bilstein 5100 level of 2.1 or 2.8 for front. I have the Zone UCA’s for front and Zone 1.5” taller spring for rear. I still want to retain some of the rake stock trucks have (maybe not quite as much) solely for pulling a trailer every once in awhile, hate the sag of pulling a trailer.
Can everybody/anybody post up some pics of their Bilstein Level (with rear increase possibly too)!
Thanks guys!!

What trailer is it?

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it just my trucks or what? I set my Bilsteins on my present truck at a level I could say that the suspension still absorbed some of the bumps like its supposed to vs bounce the truck. Sure 2.8 would of looked better but no way could I stand the ride so I went to 2.1. I can't say that 2.1 was anything to write home about either so out came the rear spacer and went to 1.4. I started out with what looked good but the ride just plain sucked with a 10ply 35" tire. I got rid of my 07 at set at 2.1 because It rode like it had 2x4's for shocks and it also was soft as hell when stock , just looked like hell . I put ride before looks, Im not getting what seems to happen with me and Bilsteins.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 6112's at 2.60 max rides like a dream and that's with 37 load E MT tires. This is the smoothest riding truck I have ever owned.

I have thought about lowering the height some but it rides so damn good I hate to touch it.

WhiteHotRam

Senior Moment
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport 4x4 SCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RAM4.jpg
Is it just my trucks or what?

Gary,
You have been my inspiration here. The first time I saw a pic of your truck, I said "That's how I want my truck to look" Mine was mushy soft at first and wondered how the lift was going to feel. Anyway I just lifted my a couple of weeks ago, to 2.8 and a 1.5" rear spacer..., but the shop skrewd up and set my 5100's at 2.1 but it drove like a dream only slightly stiffer. I went home and installed a Hellwig "That was a well needed mod" then took it back to the shop and they put it up to 2.8 now I've only got an inch of rake and it still drives like a dream. I couldn't be happier with the results. I continue to hear the echo on here that every truck is made different, though we both have SCSB's I love mine so far. I can feel the slightest bounce in the front end where the Bils' could use a little more compression and rebound dampening, but other than that... It feels great!
Oh...Yeah... I also installed a set of Ready Lift UCA's

Last edited:

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1332CEFC-B492-4E14-BE36-3A8512D71FC4.jpeg I went with 2.1 on the front, no mod to rear. Sits dead level. I wasnt going for height. Just level. I also wasnt going for 35’s, so 2.8+rear spacer not necessary. With this in mind, 2.1 front and then adding your rear spacer should keep an inch or so rake I would wager....but then every truck is a bit different.
I will say that if I pulled anything with regularity, I’d just install the airbags in the rear...easy fix to fight the sag...just my opinion...

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 145308

Gary,
You have been my inspiration here. The first time I saw a pic of your truck, I said "That's how I want my truck to look" Mine was mushy soft at first and wondered how the lift was going to feel. Anyway I just lifted my a couple of weeks ago, to 2.8 and a 1.5" rear spacer..., but the shop skrewd up and set my 5100's at 2.1 but it drove like a dream only slightly stiffer. I went home and installed a Hellwig "That was a well needed mod" then took it back to the shop and they put it up to 2.8 now I've only got an inch of rake and it still drives like a dream. I couldn't be happier with the results. I continue to hear the echo on here that every truck is made different, though we both have SCSB's I love mine so far. I can feel the slightest bounce in the front end where the Bils' could use a little more compression and rebound dampening, but other than that... It feels great!

everytime I see your truck it makes me want an ARE truck cap

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your going for larger tires, etc you may want to think about replacing the rear shocks as well. I originally had just the front Bil’s, but my tires/wheels are significantly heavier now over stock. I have a shiny new pair of 5100’s for the rear sitting on my workbench begging for me to install Saturday.

WhiteHotRam

Senior Moment
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport 4x4 SCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 145311 I went with 2.1 on the front, no mod to rear. Sits dead level. I wasnt going for height. Just level. I also wasnt going for 35’s, so 2.8+rear spacer not necessary. With this in mind, 2.1 front and then adding your rear spacer should keep an inch or so rake I would wager....but then every truck is a bit different.
I will say that if I pulled anything with regularity, I’d just install the airbags in the rear...easy fix to fight the sag...just my opinion...

Yes, It's all about how you want your truck to look. I've still got a set of Air Lift 1000HD's sittin in the box if needed.
But having my bills at both 2.1 and 2.8 with no difference in ride might answer the first OP's question that it dosen't matter which you choose it's all the same.
If you use the original "Non Progressive" springs the only question is... how high do you want to go?

WhiteHotRam

Senior Moment
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport 4x4 SCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your going for larger tires, etc you may want to think about replacing the rear shocks as well. I originally had just the front Bil’s, but my tires/wheels are significantly heavier now over stock. I have a shiny new pair of 5100’s for the rear sitting on my workbench begging for me to install Saturday.
Yes, another excellent point. for me its tires then a BL if it still fits in the garage...,
How do you like your 305's? I've been going back and forth between them and 35's

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 145308

Gary,
I think its probably these damn tires thats giving me fits. I have to run 48 psi so i only get a slight high speed vibe . I am really thinking about doing my usual sell the 20s and go 17s. Then I can get an 8ply tire and more sidewall like my previous 4 RCSB Rams with no vibes and only 35psi w/35s. keep that in mind when go for tires. Problem I found is anything larger the OE tires in a 20 is E rated.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMG_1042.jpg 2.1 Bils up front. Bils on back, also; otherwise stock suspention. Tires are 275/70/17 BFG AT TA KOs.

7/8 inch rake. Level if I put 250 pounds on back, just in front of the tailgate. I run my tires at about 36 psi. I really like the way it rides. Connected to the road, but not harsh. It's 7 years old, and still have never given a thought to getting something else.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
How’s it ride with Bills at 2.8 and the additional 1.5” in the rear?
Nice looking truck.

Thanks! Rides great! I recall it made a considerable difference when I installed it. Now I can’t remember how it rode before lol. I also like the fact that it’s practically level when I tow my trailer with approximately 3000lbs.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, another excellent point. for me its tires then a BL if it still fits in the garage...,
How do you like your 305's? I've been going back and forth between them and 35's
I am very pleased with them. Big heavy ass LT tire though...i am geared at 3.21...I am seriously considering changing that. If I ever go for bigger tires, It will be a must do.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Bils at all four corners, fronts at 2.8, just ordered Icon Dynamics 1.5" rear coil springs to get a bit of rake back.

Really, really want to add that 1.5" kit, but haven't been able to wrap my head around the install cost/time for it. :(.

fIitDf6.jpg