Bilstein 5100 Ride Horrible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motox25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I have a 2007 1500 4x4 5.7 that I have been attempting to get level and have a good ride for a while now. My truck came with some cheap quickstruts that were terrible and really stiff. I bought some Bilstein 5100s with Moog coil springs since I couldn’t find a matched dodge set. This also rode horrible at the tallest setting to get the truck level. Then I put the Bilsteins to the lowest setting and bought a 2” level spacer for the top of the strut. Still rode horrible but a little bit better. By stiff I mean that I can jack the whole side of the truck up under the front wheel and it barely compresses. Now I am debating on buying the Fox 2.0 kit for the front and rear. Does anyone have any experience with those shocks and struts? I don’t really want to spend $1200 for no real change. Thanks

OP
OP
M

motox25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Or are there any other options for getting a better ride besides a full long travel kit?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer a lot of options. I recommend the Fox 2.0 kits. they ride pretty soft and smooth

How do you use your truck? Do you off road?

OP
OP
M

motox25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I do occasionally take the truck off-road. I wasn’t aware that there are any Icon packages for my truck? I always thought their coilovers only fit 09 and up and my truck is a 07.