Bilstein 5100s on Monday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cacarter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On Monday I’m bringing my truck to Line-X and having a spray in bedliner done, along with a Magnum headache rack, and Bilstein 5100s installed, front and rear. I plan on having the front set at 2.1”, because I don’t want to have to replace the UCAs as well. I don’t do much off roading, and the dealer just put new General Grabber A/Ts on when I bought it, so I’m not going to replace the tires.

Question for others who have a similar setup:
At 2.1”, do you have rear spacers, or different coil springs? Are they necessary? Will there be a big gap in the front wheel well with stock tires and rims?

I don’t mind a little bit of rake, and I want to keep it close to the factory ride height. I plan on getting new wheels at some point, but I don’t want to lift it anymore than I mentioned. I also plan on many more mods, but I need to be careful, strategic, and slow, so I can keep the wife from filing for divorce.

Thanks!

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
At 2.1 you will be sitting near perfect.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
On Monday I’m bringing my truck to Line-X and having a spray in bedliner done, along with a Magnum headache rack, and Bilstein 5100s installed, front and rear. I plan on having the front set at 2.1”, because I don’t want to have to replace the UCAs as well. I don’t do much off roading, and the dealer just put new General Grabber A/Ts on when I bought it, so I’m not going to replace the tires.

Question for others who have a similar setup:
At 2.1”, do you have rear spacers, or different coil springs? Are they necessary? Will there be a big gap in the front wheel well with stock tires and rims?

I don’t mind a little bit of rake, and I want to keep it close to the factory ride height. I plan on getting new wheels at some point, but I don’t want to lift it anymore than I mentioned. I also plan on many more mods, but I need to be careful, strategic, and slow, so I can keep the wife from filing for divorce.

Thanks!

Post pics when you get it back :waytogo:

OP
OP
cacarter

cacarter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You’ll love the Magnum Rack :waytogo:

View attachment 491521
Nice picture! I’ve been thinking about putting a lightbar on top of the rack, but wasn’t sure about the fit and if the cab would interfere with the light. Looks like you don’t have any problems, so, I’m ordering a 30” PIAA as soon as I finish typing this.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Nice picture! I’ve been thinking about putting a lightbar on top of the rack, but wasn’t sure about the fit and if the cab would interfere with the light. Looks like you don’t have any problems, so, I’m ordering a 30” PIAA as soon as I finish typing this.

Thanks.

I don’t have any issue with the cab blocking the light direction for me. Depending upon where you might want angle the beam will depend upon that.

I’ve actually tossed around the idea of adding a spacer under the two mounting points for the light bar to raise it about another 1/2 - 1 inch just because, but it works great as is so not on top of the list. I do have cab lights :waytogo:

OP
OP
cacarter

cacarter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks.

I don’t have any issue with the cab blocking the light direction for me. Depending upon where you might want angle the beam will depend upon that.

I’ve actually tossed around the idea of adding a spacer under the two mounting points for the light bar to raise it about another 1/2 - 1 inch just because, but it works great as is so not on top of the list. I do have cab lights :waytogo:
Awesome. I was also worried about the light getting damaged from the kayaks when I’m transporting those, but the Thule rack is adjustable, and the light is low profile, so I’m not worried anymore.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
….so, I’m ordering a 30” PIAA as soon as I finish typing this.
Sounds like you are already working your way to divorce-land, my friend LOL

Simple and easy way to know basically exactly what your truck will look like at 2” up front is to simply place a floor jack under the front end and raise it up 2”. Then stand back and admire it. The tires looking okay or being to small is a personal preference…i think they are fine at stock size when leveled.

rockin hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you like the bilsteins? Thinking of getting a set for my truck