Bilstein lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottsjeeprolet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’ve been doing a lot of reading and here is my plan.
06 Ram Big Horn, long bed.
Measures 36” front & 39.5” rear.
On the fence wether to do 2.1 or 2.8 front and maybe a 1” poly spacer rear. Have the Bilsteins for the rear also.
I also happen to have a set of the JBA Offroad UCA’s I can put on.
Tires I want are Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT 275 65r 20. I can get them for a grand. Plus I only want US made tires.
Do I need wheel spacers? I want to have everything on hand as it’s my wife’s truck and she need to drive it, she doesn’t like driving my Ram 3500 long bed.
What are your thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
if you have the jba's no reason not to go 2.8 if you like the look. do that first, then you can add the spacer after if you feel a need to. i did 2.1 and at this point i feel my rake is dead even (it's actually .25 inches). i see no reason not to add the Bily's to the back. if so, you may as well do the coil spacer at the same time. you are only going up not wider with the 275 65 20. probably the least aggressive upgrade to tire size you could go from stock so you'll have zero rubbing issues, no need for wheel spacers. lots of people like Coopers. Myself, bad experience with tread separation so never for me.

basically you have everything on hand to go 2.8 up front, bilys on 4 corners and coil spacer in the back, so why not?

OP
OP
Scottsjeeprolet

Scottsjeeprolet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks. I run Coopers on both of my one tons with no issues and had them on my wife’s Liberty as well.
I think I will get the 1” rear spacers or should I go higher? I want to keep the rake. It’s my wife’s DDer.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i think the 1" spacer would be fine to keep a decent rake. the front Bily's ill probably settle a 1/4 inch over time. re: the coopers, yep i know a lot of pple like them. just not me. worst experience i've had with a tire and lots of choices out there so why would i not try something else?:)

OP
OP
Scottsjeeprolet

Scottsjeeprolet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Need recommendations on the rear spacer.
Cannot seem to find any 1" on Amazon that doesn't take a month go get.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
why not 1.5 inches? my understanding is you'll remove the original isolator anyway so a 1.5 won't end up lifting 1.5 inches. i believe i've read here more like .75 to 1". maybe easier to find on amazon too.

Jbp19classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just noticed you said you have an 06? That is rear leaf spring instead of coils correct? It’s easy enough to install either way, I just want to make sure you’re looking for the right parts. I’d just get a 1.5” if that’s easier for you to get a hold of.

OP
OP
Scottsjeeprolet

Scottsjeeprolet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Doh!
This is for my wife’s 2014.
Not my 06 Ram 3500. Gets confusing sometimes.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
not for me! i just looked at your info on the left. lol.